Skip to main content
Topic: JAYCO Seneca batteries (Read 746 times) previous topic - next topic

JAYCO Seneca batteries

Yahoo Message Number: 14017
I looked at a brochure specs for the 2007 house batteries, it said there were only 2. How difficult and expensive would it be to add 2 more.? Would you also have to have a bigger converter and Inverter?

Re: JAYCO Seneca batteries

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 14018
yeah I have two house and two chassis batteries. The batteries last fine while camping. It's while it's sitting unused that something slowly drains them all, even with the negatives disconnected. I believe I have found the problem, there is still a hot that feeds the converter.. according to Jayco.

Gene

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 14019
I added 2 additional batteries to MH last summer. On my Endura there was a open panel area directly across from original batteries. Made my own mount the used bolt holes already in chassis frame. By the time I added cables new batteries and other items I had over $300 in project. Would cost more if a dealer sis it. Not sure where you could add new batteries to a Jayco. I seem to remember someone did it.
Best
Ron Hall

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 14020
Forgot to add. 80 amp converter in the Jayco should be large enough. You should not need a larger inverter unless you want to power more 120 volt AC items at the same time.
Best
Ron Hall

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 14021
Thank you Ron Hall, I have been conversing with a gentleman from Illinois that has a gulfstream for sale. He said you could give me a description of its condition. His name is Troy. he is in the construction business.

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 14022
I met Troy last spring at campground. His MH is the model my wife and I like. The engine is pre DPF. A good thing.
For a 8 year old MH it is in great condition. You are already aware of the items that need attention. Best to make a visit to see if the Floor plan fits your needs.
Best
Ron Hall

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 14023
yes that no DPF is a good thing, it used to add to my cost. I have looked at that floor model in the past and I am ok with it, It will pull my horse trailer so I think with the addition of a couple of batteries and tires it will fit my needs. Thank you for the help.