Skip to main content
Topic: Dynamax Dynaquest (Read 792 times) previous topic - next topic

Dynamax Dynaquest

Yahoo Message Number: 14093
I am looking at a diesel Dynamax Dynaquest with 3 slides. It is model M35 350 250hp. I can not find it listed in the NADA rv guidelines. does anyone know why it would not be listed? If anyone has any experience with this type of rig please comment.

Re: Dynamax Dynaquest

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 14094
If memory is working that unit has about a 7.2 liter MB engine. As you noted not high on HP and I think also low on torque - as low as 700 depending on engine model. Freighliner put it in their Class A diesel pusher chassis for a couple of years but it didn't sell very well. We say this setup when we were having our first DP serviced at Gaffney where they built the chassis. They offered regular tours of the factory for service customers. It was a great place to have a DP serviced as their prices were VERY reasonable.

Dynamax is now using the Cummins ISL which has considerably more HP and torque. You might want to check GVWR and GCWR to see if they meet your needs for towing. It may be pretty heavy for that engine.

Don

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 14095
thank you Don, Where is where you got your DP serviced? I haven't received the specs on the Dynaquest yet so I don't know how much that Mercedes engine can tow. but what I really want to know is why I can't find a NADA rating for that model. I need to at least have a little idea as to what the book value is.

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 14096

What year? I may have the brochure and spec sheet. If I remember these are lite duty? But I could be wrong. The only Dynamax I considered was a new DX3 or one of the used ones on a huge Columbia chassis. But even used these are several hundred thousand.
I would be looking on racingjunk.com for what you seek, which is really a larger Toterhome. Home long is your trailer? 40' DP are usually longer, add to that a hitch tongue etc. And you get over 65' really fast.
Again why the Embark was great at a true 39'
~
Victor Burns
KI6IM
Embark TB390 Bunkhouse

Date:Sat, Jan 31, 2015 at 7:30 AM
Subject:Re: [SuperCrvgroup] Dynamax Dynaquest

If memory is working that unit has about a 7.2 liter  MB engine.  As you noted not high on HP and I think also low on torque - as low as 700 depending on engine model.  Freighliner put it in their Class A diesel pusher chassis for a couple of years but it didn't sell very well.  We say this setup when we were having our first DP serviced at Gaffney where they built the chassis.  They offered regular tours of the factory for service customers.  It was a great place to have a DP serviced as their prices were VERY reasonable.

Dynamax is now using the Cummins ISL which has considerably more HP and torque.   You might want to check GVWR and GCWR to see if they meet your needs for towing.  It may be pretty heavy for that engine.

Don

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 14097
The Dynaquest model is M35 350 250 hp with 3 slides. 2005. I am waiting to get the specs so I can see how much it can tow. Right now I would like to find the book value on it. I am also researching where I could get that mb engine serviced and at what cost.

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 14100
Let me take a bald ass guess - is this the unit you are considering? http://www.mhsrv.com/2005-dynamax-corp-dynaquest-350-w-3-slides-super-c-used-class-c-tx-i1355051 Sure looks like a nice unit. Mileage not excessive and new tires. Only think that I'd want to be certain of is the weights and tow capacity. My nose is twitching and telling me it might have the same problem as the new Seneca.

As to no NADA price, I would not be surprised to find this model was fairly rare.

We were in Gaffney not too long before they opened a new service center that has 20 RV sites.

http://freightlinerchassis.com/Service-Locator/fccc-service-a-training/menu-id-151.html

We paid $500 for the service and that included emptying and refilling the transmission with TranSynd. Our Journey DP did not have TranSynd on delivery so we had it converted over. In theory that was to get the longer warranty but I'd already had a knock down drag em out fight with Allison, Winnebago and Freightliner on the issue. The service staff members were very good and really appeared to know what they were doing with the chassis, generator, engine and transmission. They had lovely hoists to life our MH (39.5 ft) well up so they could access everything very easily. It was a pleasant experience.

The engineers at Allison said I'd never win and get their warranty rule changed. However, I had discussions with all three entities and explained why they were setting themselves up for a big juicy class action - when it sunk in, they changed. I got a phone call from Winnie thanking me for being so persistent and pushing the issue when I didn't like the answers. I also received a call from a contact at Allison earlier telling me that to the amazement of their engineers I won and that their warranty rule and cut-off date would be changed. Then, shortly after, a huge box arrived at our home (in Canada) and it was unmarked. When I opened it I found a load of Allison goodies - hats, tool bags, duffle bag, diary, pen, etc. I called my contact (she was always understanding and great to chat with - and she and her husband who also worked at Allison had a motorhome) and I asked why - she said the same thing as Winnie - kept them from getting trapped in a class action up the road and they appreciated me being so stubborn.

Even though our Allison 3000 warranty was increased to 5 years without TranSynd, we decided to have it switched because of the reports on the effectiveness of TranSynd***. The Freightliner Gaffney service facility was absolutely great - changed it for less than a 1/5th of what our Winnie dealer quoted. My wife and I agreed that if we ever have a Freightliner chassis again it will get serviced there every year on the way home or the way to Florida.

Don

***The Allison 3000 has a keypad gear selector and there is a sequence you put in to check the fluid level. After switching to TranSynd we NEVER were able to get it hot enough to check the level. Even after driving hundreds of miles we still got the message that the fluid was not hot enough to check the level.

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 14101
yes that is the unit. I went up and looked at it yesterday. They are emailing me the specs, that way I will know the tow capacity. Even if it is rare I would think NADA would have it listed, there just has to be someplace to get the book value.