Skip to main content
Topic: Air bags (Read 2213 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Air bags

Reply #25
Yahoo Message Number: 15214
Just wanted to thank you all for the info on shocks and air bags - going to start shopping for shocks and see how it goes

07 GulfStream Endura

Best,
Steve Phillips

Office 800.860.0331

Reply #26
Yahoo Message Number: 15215
I was waiting to post until I drove my motorhome after I had spring shop add a spring.
I tried the koni shocks and they helped the ride a little butt not the rocking. I heard great things about super Springs so I ordered a pair. They arrived and I attempted to put them in only to find out a mounting bracket from the chassis to the motorhome would prevent me from using the super Springs.
So I went to a spring shop and they added 1500 lbs to each side. [my Dutchman had 13, 500 lbs spring]. Drove this weekend on PA turnpike with pretty strong winds. All I can say is night and day most of the rocking is gone, uneven pavement no longer effects it and passing trucks you no longer feel.
Just my two cents.

Reply #28
Yahoo Message Number: 15217
Steve, may I ask what springs you added and what the cost was and who installed them. Lastly, overall was it a big deal to get them installed. Does anyone else know if the Super Springs will mount to a Gulfstream 6340 setup. Thanks as always. Doug Brothers

Reply #29
Yahoo Message Number: 15218
Interesting. So it was a bracket that the Coach Builder installed?
My SuperSpring install wasn't to difficult at all, on my Gulf Stream. I did it myself, using the proper tool. FYI, I have the tool available for use.

Reply #30
Yahoo Message Number: 15219
So how was the spring installed, was it an add on, or was the spring pack taken apart and added?

Reply #33
Yahoo Message Number: 15222
Bob,

The control panel I use comes in a kit from Firestone, Dual Air Comand, part # 2145. It is a panel that has one guage with dual needles, one for each air spring. It also has a separate switch for each air spring. My MH has an on board compressor that I use for my air source. I like the ability to contol/monitor the air springs from the cab.

Vern

Reply #34
Yahoo Message Number: 15223
Vern, Thanks for the info and part number. If we do the air bags I would definitely want to have dash control left and right as you have.

Bobby