Skip to main content
Topic: Living Room Slide Awning Assembly - Solera or Dometic? (Read 1350 times) previous topic - next topic

Living Room Slide Awning Assembly - Solera or Dometic?

Yahoo Message Number: 15654
I have to install a new Living Room slide Awning assembly on my Endura because it was missing when I purchased it. Does anyone have any opinions on the Solera or Dometic units?

Thanks, Dave

Re: Living Room Slide Awning Assembly - Solera or Dometic?

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 15655
I prefer Dometic. If possible, I stay away from Lippert.
Best
Ron Hall

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 15656
Hey Dave,

So was your old unit an electric awning? Probably, yes.

But if not, pay strict attention as to how they are going to install the new one and where are they going to put the controls? you don't want conduit running down the wall. Don't ask why I know that.

If your unit had an electric unit, I would get the same type so there is no conflict with wiring or controls.

I'd make sure it is adjustable. I had a trailer with a flat electric awning, with no adjustment, and it was a pain.

Lots of the new units have Carefree of Colorado, they are also good units.

Smooth Sailing, Ric Golding Carlyle, Illinois

On Wednesday, November 23, 2016 4:19 PM, "ronjhall@... [SuperCrvgroup]"  wrote:

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 15657
Lippert seems to have quality problems. Dometic A&E has been around for years and has a good reputation.
Best
Ron Hall

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 15659
Oh, never mind. Whatever was there, before.

Smooth Sailing, Ric Golding Carlyle, Illinois

On Wednesday, November 23, 2016 5:04 PM, "Dave Miah kickinpony_dave@... [SuperCrvgroup]"  wrote:

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 15660
Update on Seneca 2008 only running 67 miles per hour.
Took advice given from several on here changing filters, adding gas additive, etc and still problem. Took to locate Chevy dealer and talked them into using monitors to check it out, showed nothing wrong. Young diesel mechanic decided to drive it. Come back with big smile....we had pushed the over drive button on at some point. ...yeah... ...

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

Re: .

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 15661
A little pie in the face, but at least you got all the maintenance done and the RV checked out from head to toe for mechanical issues.    Kendrick   From: SuperCrvgroup@yahoogroups.com [mailto:SuperCrvgroup@yahoogroups.com] Sent: Sunday, November 27, 2016 1:53 PMTo: supercrvgroup@yahoogroups.comSubject: [SuperCrvgroup] .    Update on Seneca 2008 only running 67 miles per hour.Took advice given from several on here changing filters, adding gas additive, etc and still problem. Took to locate Chevy dealer and talked them into using monitors to check it out, showed nothing wrong. Young diesel mechanic decided to drive it. Come back with big smile....we had pushed the over drive button on at some point.😩...yeah...😳...  Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 15662
Pie would have been better after working 30 years on jets to those guys it was like duh, egg head. Give me couple thousand wires anytime😁

Reply #9
Yahoo Message Number: 15663
When I gave a seminar on maintenance and operation of our Kodiak based motorhomes. Some did not even know what the overdrive switch was for. One said his did not have the switch. But it was there just like all of them.
So don't feel bad about learning the hard way.
Best
Ron Hall

Reply #11
Yahoo Message Number: 15665
Does anyone know why 2005 Kodak instrument panel would go out and we are having a problem with not being able to turn hot water heater off with switch.

Sent from my LG G Pad™ X 8.0, an AT&T 4G LTE tablet

ygrp-text" dir="ltr">
When I gave a seminar on maintenance and operation of our Kodiak based motorhomes. Some did not even know what the overdrive switch was for. One said his did not have the switch. But it was there just like all of them.
So don't feel bad about learning the hard way.
Best
Ron Hall

Reply #12
Yahoo Message Number: 15668
Sure. But you need to be where I am. We are in AZ for winter and Michigan for summer. Plus if you happen to be along our route between those 2 locations.
Best
Ron Hall

Reply #13
Yahoo Message Number: 15669
I would guess both are bad connections. Remove dash bezel by pulling on it starting at right side. When bezel is removed you will see the screws that hold gauge cluster in place. Remove them. You can then pull cluster out of dash. You will see a connector that cluster plugs into. Make sure there are no bad connections. Also check ground that feed cluster. It starts from passenger side frame.
Pull panel that water heater switch is in. Look for bad connections. Other wise it may be a bad switch.
Best
Ron Hall

Reply #14
Yahoo Message Number: 15670
Hey thanks for your response! Where in AZ? Do you pass thru Albuquerque, NM?

Monte

Reply #15
Yahoo Message Number: 15671
We spend the winter in Mesa, AZ. Not sure of out plans on the way home next year. But very likely taking I-40 thru Albuquerque. Plan to leave AZ after Easter.
Best
Ron Hall

Reply #16
Yahoo Message Number: 15672
To the person with instrument panel lighting trouble....be sure it's not like me and my overdrive button. I think it's the light switch button that you can simple turn and it will brighten or turn off the lighting.

And thanks Ron for the face saving info Now since I'm to far away for a seminar do you have a written pamphlet or booklet with the info? Wouldn't it be a life saver if someone had time to organize and document the tips that have been given on here over the years!

Reply #17
Yahoo Message Number: 15673
I check those buttons I often on our diesel.
Tom Edelman
Love our: 2006 Gulfstream Endura Mod: 6331 Diesel

On Tuesday, November 29, 2016 7:27 AM, "joeeveld@... [SuperCrvgroup]"  wrote:

Reply #18
Yahoo Message Number: 15674
There is no manual or written info for the seminar. I did do a outline for it. But that was in a 2010 computer. Not sure I could find it. Beside all the info you find here other good places are RV.NET under Super C and Dieselplace.com under Medium Duty Truck.
I had to do classes on the machines I worked on before retiring. Still like to do it on anything I work on.
Best
Ron Hall

Reply #20
Yahoo Message Number: 15676
Thanks Ron for more info. I didn't have the diesel site.
Tom & Janis Edelman Gulfstream Endura 2006 6331 Diesel
Keuka Park, NY
Presently @ The Hot Spring BLM - outside Holtville, CA.

On Tuesday, November 29, 2016 3:26 PM, "Joe Eveld joeeveld@... [SuperCrvgroup]"  wrote: