Skip to main content
Topic: Going to downsize (Read 620 times) previous topic - next topic

Going to downsize

Yahoo Message Number: 16110
Past 2 motorhomes have been monaco diesel pushers, currently just sold a 04 diplomat 39ft, thinking of a 3005-2007 super c wpuld like input from the group on gas vs diesel, and quality by manufacturer, any things you dont like? I had a 97 class c 31ft fleetwood, was bullet proof the whole time i had it, just didnt like the rubber roof after 8-10 years older ford v10 underpowered for the west, never overheated once even in 115f temps, yah that was gen 1 of the v10 low hp. Anything to stay away from on the duramax diesel?

Thanks
Gordie Kaltz
Retired senior master field service engineer ford motor

Re: Going to downsize

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 16112
Not much to report on Duramax/Allison drive. Pretty good on all 3 version. LLY was used from 2005 to 2007.5. In 2006 ECM got update similar to pickups. Also got turbo brake. 2007.5 also got the 6 speed Allison. 2006 got the 6 speed. But was programmed for 5. Some have put a 2008 program in the TCM.
Not all super C's have fiberglass roofs. Some models from Gufl Stream did not. Endura' had FG.
A lot depends on how the MH was maintained. Low miles is no sign of good maintance.
Good luck finding one.
Best
Ron Hall

Re: Going to downsize

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 16113
Ron wrote:

Not much to report on Duramax/Allison drive. Pretty good on all 3
version. LLY was used from 2005 to 2007.5.

Don and I had the gas version that came off the line within a week of
each other and we both had the late year versions so got the 6 spd xmsn.
A very welcome find.

Not all super C's have fiberglass roofs.

Exactly right. Our 2007 Jayco Greyhawks had the TPO roofs. They were
also some of the last of the nasty felt backed version. I guess the new
TPO is much better and doesn't have a sponge built into the back of it.

Greg