Skip to main content
Topic: 2014 F550 Super C CHECK ENGINE LIGHT AGAIN (Read 1071 times) previous topic - next topic

2014 F550 Super C CHECK ENGINE LIGHT AGAIN

Yahoo Message Number: 16130
Anyone else having "check engine light" problems on the Ford 6.7? My light has come on and coach has been in the shop 5 times for the same problem. I have never been broke down, just nuisance and I think it might even affect power on the coach......
My coach is a Thor Super C, 6.7 Diesel, 2014, 34ft with 10K towing.

Re: 2014 F550 Super C CHECK ENGINE LIGHT AGAIN

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 16131
RESPONSE - (yes, my own response) I sent "Certified Mail" to Ford regarding the EGT problems. The dealer was supposed to have a Tech Rep from Ford help to fix the issue but no one has showed up yet. We will see what happens next....... To be continued.....
Sometimes, placing "them" on notice can get them to take action and move a bit faster than they otherwise would move.

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 16133
I have the same RV, no problems here. Love the motor, sure hope my light stays off.

Chuck

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 16134
I've got a 2014 33sw (2013 f550 chassis) and have never had a check engine light. We just finished up a 2700 mile road trip and no issues. Any idea what codes the engine light were for?

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 16135
The "check engine" light codes are showing EGT. It has never shut me down but I feel that there might be a loss of power. And yes, I do carry a code reader and reset device. I am ready to kick Ford's back side... This is 5 times coach has been in shop for this issue... Only EGT, nothing else. Dealer says he is chasing a ghost..

Jerry in Texas

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 16136
Just curious, does the engine light come on after abnormally high coolant temp gauge readings?

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 16140
Have you checked any of the Power Stroke forums. When I had engine problems. Checking on Diesel Place (Duramax forum) gave some good answers.
Best
Ron Hall

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 16143
Thanks, but since it is under warranty, I do think Ford should fix it without question. The dealer finally got a Tech Rep and they think it could be a wiring harness... really...or an injector problem.. but the code says EGT? hummmmm.... I sent Certified Mail to Ford and we will see if that causes them to act... Jerry in Texas

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 16144
Engine light problem was corrected but within 40 miles of Houston, on again. I can reset it but it always comes back with EGT problem..... Ford has been placed on notice to "take action" and I only hope the will jump in.

Reply #9
Yahoo Message Number: 16145
What dealer are you using? Tommie Vaughn has the best truck shop in town.

Reply #10
Yahoo Message Number: 16147
We had the Ford 6.4L in our F350. Had the engine light come on and our Edge monitor told me it was the exhaust gas probes... 2 were reading 'bad' and the manual told me if I lost one more, the engine would go into 'limp' mode. I reset the error and ran another few weeks before it came back on.

Took it to the dealer after that and they replaced the bad probes under a warranty or recall issue, if I remember right - I seem to recall that was a no-cost visit to the dealer shop! Never saw that problem again, in any case.

Reply #11
Yahoo Message Number: 16148
Oh they are fixing the issue under warranty... but my issue is FIVE times to the shop and still having the same problem. Ford should have already jumped in and fixed the repeated problem.
The CSR for the dealer called today and stated that they may next replace the wiring harness... We shall see what happens next.....

Reply #12
Yahoo Message Number: 16149

There is only ONE dealer in the Houston area that will work on a truck this size, a motorhome. NOT one other dealer will even look at it. Jer in Texas

Reply #13
Yahoo Message Number: 16150
Tommie Vaughn Ford has a dedicated truck shop that is separate from the dealership. They handle all the bus conversions and big delivery trucks. My f550 box truck is there right now. I don't have the phone number right now, but call the main number and ask for Brenda in the truck ahop

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

Reply #14
Yahoo Message Number: 16151

Thanks and I will check it out again. They might work on others but most dealers are scared to death of a motorhome since they scratch n dent them lots of times. One dealer wanted me to stay with the vehicle the entire time they work on it.. I will keep Vaughn in mind "if" this does not get fixed this time.
Captain Jerry - currently in Texas