Skip to main content
Topic: Glow plug error code p 380 (Read 660 times) previous topic - next topic

Glow plug error code p 380

Yahoo Message Number: 16155
I have a 2007 duramax lbz kodiak c5500 chassis and am getting error code p380 glow plug circuit a code. I suspect a glow plu maybe our of resistance spec

If the a scanner that gives more detail as to the nature of the problem?

Anyone else had this issue?

Thanks

Joe

Re: Glow plug error code p 380

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 16156
Check your 10A glow plug fuse. It's my understanding that the ecm will not throw a P380 code for a bad plug.. Only for wiring and/or glow plug controller. Good luck,
Chris

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 16157
Thanks

Any idea where the 10 A fuse is located?

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 16158
Hi Joe,
I have attached 3 files, a schematic and a system description. I'm not sure where the 10A fuse is on your truck. There should also be a 175A mega fuse between the battery and the glow plug relay. It is my understanding that there are some differences between California CARB models and non. I do know that the glow plug relay is a regular problem on these trucks. It is located on the driver's side, behind the engine near the firewall. You should be able to find a replacement for $60-$100. There are quite a few YouTube videos regarding glow plug relay replacement. It is not a hard job. Remember, once you replace fuses and/or the relay you still need to clear the code. Good luck and let me know if you would like some links to YouTube videos.. A video is a much better explanation than what I can provide. Let us know what you find.
Chris

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 16159
Additionally, I sent info on an LLY, and saw that you have an LBZ. Info should be very similar if not identical. My apologies.
Chris

On Aug 11, 2017 1:31 AM, "Chris Mize" chrismize@...> wrote:

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 16160
Here is a link to electrical drawings for our C5500 MDT chassis motorhomes.
http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/76-speciality-forums/34-medium-duty-trucks/423764-2007-2009-gm-medium-duty-electrical-manuals.html
You will fuse information on page 2 of the link above.

Fuses are located in 2 places. Under hood on passenger side near firewall and under dash on passenger side. You have to remove 2 bolts (10mm wrench) to get access to the fuses, circuit breakers and relays under dash. There should be a area in your Kodiak Owner's manual that show where fuses are at. There are also labels on fuse panel covers.
I did a lookup for the Code P0380 on Diesel Place. Lots of pickup problems but nothing on MDT. Here is a link.
Lots of instructions on how to test.
http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/gtsearch.php?q=p0380

Make sure you are looking at LLY/LMM not LB7 instructions.
Best
Ron Hall