Skip to main content
Topic: Cab Barrier (Read 602 times) previous topic - next topic

Cab Barrier

Yahoo Message Number: 16161
Here is Grand Parents survival tool number two from our current trip. The Grand Twins are about 6 ½ so - a little worried about them sleeping in the cab and becoming falling objects. Soooo. I build this quick barrier to prevent accidents.

[N.B. Dear Sandy tried to buy a commercial barrier, but it was more for home use and would not work or adapt.]

As with the New Cab TV mounting panel - I started with finished piece of Beech Book Shelving. This time gray wood finish to match the cab bed.

I installed 5" angle brackets at each end of the shelf.

Angle brackets on bed barrier board

When the cab bed is folded down it keeps the barrier upright by resting on the free end of the angle bracket.

Important: The barrier angle brackets are situated to be right against the existing angle brackets which join the Cab Shield to the bed bottom:

Bed Base angle bracket - serves as a stop to the bed barrier:

This keeps the barrier from sliding left to right.

Finished project:

Finished sleeping barrier

Also added this ladder.

For storage it looks like this:

Ron: No duct tape was used during this project ;-)

Best

Kevin (Real) McCoy [@KF5FUZ]
("Roscoe Ventura" Jayco Seneca HD SS 34 Diesel 2006;
"Toad" Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2007)

Re: Cab Barrier [5 Attachments]

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 16163
Great work! Thanks for the pics! Where did you get the ladder??
Happy trails!

Jay Hitaffer

Re: Cab Barrier

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 16165
Jay:
Amazon.com - Prime is worth it.  Carlson (LA-460-B) Black Ladder. Sandy ordered it, and it was a bit tall. I wanted it vertical to avoid issues with the slide out, so I cut it down (hacksaw) and added foot bumpers.  Worked great. Otherwise you can mount with a slant, but then you have to move it when you bring in the slide out. Came with all the needed hardware for both mounts.

A big plus is it prevented climbing up there using the cab seats!
Best
Kevin
Kevin (Real) McCoy [@KF5FUZ]
("Roscoe Ventura" Jayco Seneca HD SS 34 Diesel 2006;
"Toad" Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2007)