Skip to main content
Topic: Drag Link replacement (Read 1172 times) previous topic - next topic

Drag Link replacement

Yahoo Message Number: 16169
Hey Gang,
Has anyone had to replace the Drag Link on their Kodiak? I was at the dealership getting some service work done, and they pointed that the Drag Link has too much play and should be replaced. I did see it myself, seems very loose.
Has anyone had to replace their Drag Link yet?
Thanks,
Bill

Re: Drag Link replacement

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 16170
I never replaced mine in close to 90k. I greased mine every 5k miles with Mobil 1 grease. Was this with front end raised. May be normal.
Take it to a truck alignment shop for proper diagnose.
Best
Ron Hall

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 16172
Attachments :

I replaced mine at 18k miles. I have to believe that it was never greased properly when built.
    Greg Thompson
    MN
    '05 6340 Endura

Reply #4
    Yahoo Message Number: 16174
    No Ron, it was sitting on the ground, all 4 wheels. Tech showed me by reaching under and grabbing it. It was very loose.
    I live a half mile from a Chevy Medium Truck dealer, I have them perform almost all my service. I assume they grease it at every oil change/lube.
    I am guessing our wonderful California roads have taken their toll. Especially the ones that are restricted for trucks and those of us who tow. :)

Reply #5
    Yahoo Message Number: 16175
    Wow, only 18K! At least I got 52K out of mine, I should feel fortunate.

Reply #6
    Yahoo Message Number: 16176
    Can anyone confirm the GM part number they used for the Drag Link? My research shows it to be 15943453.
    Is there an aftermarket unit that is better?

Reply #8
    Yahoo Message Number: 16178
    When I got my used 2005 with 36,000 miles on it, it had a new one on it.

Reply #10
    Yahoo Message Number: 16180
    Subject:. Drag link
    When I got my 2005 Kodiak 5500 diesel the records kept by former owner showed the link was a recall and changed with only 4000 miles, also the exhaust brake was changed out under a GM order. It had 19,000 when I purchased.
    The unit now has 36,000 and serviced by me. Had to install a new aux compressor, relay and psi switch. Run very good.

Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE Droid

Reply #11
    Yahoo Message Number: 16181
    That's the same part number on my receipt from Kremer Services. The shop ticket says it had 16,562 miles when it was replaced. They found it when I had it aligned.
    Greg Thompson
    MN

Reply #14
    Yahoo Message Number: 16184
    Thanks everyone. I appreciate all the replies. Looks like I will be replacing mine real soon.

Reply #15
    Yahoo Message Number: 16185
    For Reference, GM recommends that steering be lubed every 7,500 miles or every 6 months. Whichever comes first.
    Best
    Ron Hall

Reply #16
    Yahoo Message Number: 16186
    Forgot to mention. This information is in the owner's manual.
    Best
    Ron Hall