Skip to main content
Topic: Brakes (Read 661 times) previous topic - next topic

Brakes

Yahoo Message Number: 16231
On a road trip in my 2005 c5500 and the brake pedal started to drop when at a stop and the brake light and abs light came on. The abs light had been going on and off for the last two weeks, but there was no pedal drop or dash brake light, so I may have two separate issues. Has anyone had this be anything other than a master cylinder?

Re: Brakes

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 16234
I had the ABS light. It went away. My thoughts are a bad connection. Maybe it's time to take all the connectors apart and apply some Detoxit to the pins.
If you have not done a brake fluid change yet. It is way past time to do that.
Best
Ron Hall.

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 16240
Pedal dropping was master cylinder but abs light has not re-occurred. How are you?

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 16241
I recently had same exact problems...pedal to the floor and ABS light not going off. I checked the brake fluid reservoir and it had some gel material floating on top of the brake fluid. I'm guessing the previous owner added the wrong fluid type and the two fluids were not compatible. Some of the gel must have temporarily blocked the fluid intake in the master cylinder and caused the loss of pedal. I went ahead and purchased a new master cylinder but I have not had the time to install it yet with all the storms here in Houston.

Greg

On Wednesday, September 6, 2017 5:58 PM, "Dave Miah kickinpony_dave@... [SuperCrvgroup]"  wrote:

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 16242
Thanks for replying Greg. I replaced the master cylinder but don't have many miles on it yet. But no pedal drop or abs light. Will keep you updated.