Skip to main content
Topic: Thor PROBLEMS - 2014 F550 (Read 488 times) previous topic - next topic

Thor PROBLEMS - 2014 F550

Yahoo Message Number: 16238
Latest trip.. August 2017 - UPDATE on my 2014 Super C Cheateau..... I was in Nevada when Hurricane Harvey flooded Houston. My coach performed....... poorly..... Check engine light is BACK ON due to the EGT sensor - AGAIN. It has already been in the shop 5 times for the same error code and they can't seem to fix it. NEXT.... I am sick and tired of having toilet problems. I do "off grid" camping and it seems that where the toilet dumps into the black tank, there is build up at the base and items get stuck in the top area of the tank. This means more frequent dumping of the tanks and sometimes I am forced to use a push rod to move debris. I have tried pouring water down the toilet with little luck. NEXT... I was forced to replace a piece of trim in the bath area since it just fell apart due to the piece being "pressed wood." Cheap - pressed wood. Yes, I made the trim match real close. NEXT.... Coach is 4 years old with 31K miles - and while traveling across Wyoming, I had a blowout on the right rear outside tire. It took over 8 hours to get a tire to the location and get me back on the road. NEXT..... ANOTHER *&$% blowout on the left inside tire while in Loveland (near Denver) causing a 5 hour delay. There was little reason I had 2 blowouts within a short time frame. Tires pressures had been verified before departing Texas. The last blowout destroyed a cargo hold, ripped out wires for trailer lights and now the "slide" will not work. I limped into Loneduck Campground, just West of Colorado Springs and at the base of Pikes Peaks, with zero running lights arriving well after dark. Thank God for headlights, brake lights and flashers. The Loneduck Campground owners were kind enough to give me a reduced rate, allow me to leave it for 2 weeks, and even took me to the airport~! WOW~! I returned to Houston and widespread flooding but my home and family were fine. I ordered 4 new tires and will fly up later this month to retrieve the coach and drive back to Houston. This "bad" trip could cause me to place the coach up for sale in the near future. Disgusted, tired, angry, and ready to "do something" to prevent this stuff from happening again. Jerry happy to be home in Texas.