Skip to main content
Topic: spring sag (Read 1048 times) previous topic - next topic

spring sag

Yahoo Message Number: 16287
I have a 2006 Jayco Seneca 35GS and I think the rear springs are sagging. The motorhome sits level if not a little bit nose high, what is the best method to fix this. I have seen the superspring but wasn't sure if that is just a bandaid.

Thanks
Ronnie

Re: spring sag

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 16288
Super Springs is one way. There is also air bags and taking to spring shop that will rebuild the spring pack.
Some of the Seneca's had the wrong springs. 15k instead of 19k. You will have to check the build codes on label behind driver side sun visor.
Best
Ron Hall

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 16290
As Ron said Jayco originally put lower spring rating on many and upgraded for free after purchase if you called. I had mine replaced plus put on super springs. You more than likely are not putting them on yourself and they sent me names of installer. Need special tool and it was still major job. I would also look at hellwigs

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 16291
Not sure what codes. Those reports go back to 2006 and newer. They are in the archives both here and on RV.net
Best
Ron Hall

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 16292
My 05 35GS came with the lower rated rear springs and sagged in the back.  I carried it into a GMC med duty dealer a few years back and had the higher rated springs installed for about $1600.  All’s good now.Billy  From: SuperCrvgroup@yahoogroups.com [mailto:SuperCrvgroup@yahoogroups.com] Sent: Wednesday, October 11, 2017 2:36 PMTo: SuperCrvgroup@yahoogroups.comSubject: [SuperCrvgroup] spring sag    I have a 2006 Jayco Seneca 35GS and I think the rear springs are sagging.  The motorhome sits level if not a little bit nose high, what is the best method to fix this.  I have seen the superspring but wasn’t sure if that is just a bandaid. ThanksRonnie  

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 16293
Like I said my rig is a 2006 model but a 2005 truck.  I found a truck suspension shop here in town that has been in business for 100 years.  I am going to give them a call and see what they say.      From: SuperCrvgroup@yahoogroups.com [mailto:SuperCrvgroup@yahoogroups.com] Sent: Wednesday, October 11, 2017 2:37 PMTo: SuperCrvgroup@yahoogroups.comSubject: RE: [SuperCrvgroup] spring sag    My 05 35GS came with the lower rated rear springs and sagged in the back.  I carried it into a GMC med duty dealer a few years back and had the higher rated springs installed for about $1600.  All’s good now.Billy From: SuperCrvgroup@yahoogroups.com [mailto:SuperCrvgroup@yahoogroups.com] Sent: Wednesday, October 11, 2017 2:36 PMTo: SuperCrvgroup@yahoogroups.comSubject: [SuperCrvgroup] spring sag   I have a 2006 Jayco Seneca 35GS and I think the rear springs are sagging.  The motorhome sits level if not a little bit nose high, what is the best method to fix this.  I have seen the superspring but wasn’t sure if that is just a bandaid. ThanksRonnie  

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 16294
i have the 2006 34ss with the 15000 pound springs and i put on the super springs and it helped alot. it can be done without taking the tires off, but you have to take the rear mud flap off and slide the spring in. took me a couple hours to do with a little help from my neighbor. i have the compression tool if you want to borrow it.

mark

--

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 16295
What is the part number of the super spring? I see 3 different options listed for the Kodiak.

Reply #10
Yahoo Message Number: 16297
The ssa26 offers 6600 lbs 
The ssa17 offers 4400 lbs
The ssa25 offers 3000 lbs.

Which tool to you have the hydraulic one or the clamp style?

From what I see on the net, I can do super springs cheaper than the shop route

Reply #13
Yahoo Message Number: 16300
I didn't go superspring, but took it to a truck chassis shop that installed an additional spring. Made all the difference in the world and didn't break the bank. Motorhome now sits correctly even when loaded. Good luck.
Chris