Skip to main content
Topic: Gulfstream 6340 bedroom slide (Read 673 times) previous topic - next topic

Gulfstream 6340 bedroom slide

Yahoo Message Number: 16301
Hey group,
If I remember correctly, someone in the group made some modifications to the bedroom slide so the rollers had a better contact surface. I thought it was Ron and that pics were posted but I cannot find anything in the photo section. Anyone recall any modification like this?

Greg Thompson
05' 6340 Endura
MN

Re: Gulfstream 6340 bedroom slide

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 16302
I looked thru my pictures but could not find any of that upgrade. What I did was make up 2 plates that bolted to wall where rollers are in closet area. After jacking up slide with it fully extended. I removed 2 roller assemblies. Used plate 1/4" thick and as wide as roller brackets. Length was long enough to set on floor but short enough to be under bottom of slide opening. Put about 6 screws in plate to attached to wall. There is a aluminum plate in the wall. But it is only 1/8" thick. Drilled and tapped 1/4" plate for roller brackets. I think they were 5/16"-18.
I did not do anything to bed side of rollers. They do not get the load that closet rollers do. I did disassemble the bed from slide mechanism and adjust slide and frame to slide wall.
Best
Ron Hall

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 16303
Thank you! If I remember correctly, you also replaced the ¼ luan skin on the bottom of the closet floor at some point - sounds like we have the same issue. Did you extend the slide and jack up the slide room slightly for the plywood replacement? Can I assume that there are 1x1 tubes in the structure running under the path of the rollers? I'm thinking about using something like 7 ply ¼" Baltic birch to create a stronger surface for the rollers to ride on. I am also replacing the slide D seal on the outer wall - mine is cut short on the top and seems like the most likely spot to be leaking along with the corner gap created when the inner seal takes the corner. May use the same D seal or maybe a ribbed version - seems like the ribbed might give a better seal. It's certainly more expensive.

Thanks again Ron - your experience and wisdom has helped so many in this group.
Greg

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 16304
The rollers run on bottom of slide. I believe it is 1" thick. Never had a problem with the slide itself. Problem was that slide dropped down a rubbed on bottom of cutout and rubber seal.
Bottom of closet rubbed on carpeting as slide went in and out. I took sawsall to that bottom part and cut 1" off. Then made a piece of oak board to cover up bad cut. Later I put laminate flooring in and got rid of all carpeting.
Best
Ron Hall