Skip to main content
Topic: What does everyone think of the Continental HSR tires? (Read 857 times) previous topic - next topic

What does everyone think of the Continental HSR tires?

Yahoo Message Number: 16311
Hi Everyone,

I need to replace the front tires on my 2005 C5500 Endura. Has anybody used the Continental HSR's?

I did talk to an oem tire development engineer who said the Continental HDR's (Drive tires) tend to rut follow, which was supported by reviews on Tirerack.com, but I'm thinking of buying the HSR's for the front.

Thanks, Dave

Re: What does everyone think of the Continental HSR tires?

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 16312
THAT is interesting.... I have a Thor Super C with 19.5 Contentintal tires that are 4 years old with 30K miles and recently had 2 blow outs 8 hours apart. Zero answers as to why. I went back with Michlins and we will see how that goes. Lots of damage to my hatches and cannot find anyone that can fix it. Several places need 2 months just to order parts and put it together. Super slow and over worked.

Jerry Fallin
Owner/Broker REALTOR, CNE, MCNE, (CLU, LUTC)
www. FallinProperties.com
713-455-7111 (Ham Radio K5Jer)

center
center
*SEMPER PARATUS* USCG = Always Ready
CEO Pinehurst Center LLC.
President of RivergroveTexas LLC
BACREN Board of Directors 2012-2013
Baytown Shrine Club - 2nd Vice Pres 2012~
Lifetime Member Arabia Shrine - Ambassador 2011-2012~
Lifetime Member Baytown Shrine Club - Sec/Treasurer 2009-2010~Lifetime Member
Rotary Club of Highlands Texas - Current - Paul Harris Fellow

**In order to help prevent identity theft and fraud, I will never request you to provide personal or financial information via unsecured e-mail. Please report any suspicious e-mails you receive claiming to be Jerry Fallin and/or FallinProperties. - Also, IF you ever get a link from me without stating why and/or what I am sending for you to open, DON'T open it! I will NEVER send just a link without stating what the link is, and/or why I am sending it, and/or why you should open the link, and SOMETHING to hint that it is really - Jer **

Life is a Storm my friend. You will bask in the sunlight one moment and be battered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes. You must look into that storm and say You must do your worst for I will do mine and the fates will know you for the man you are." The Count of Monte Cristo

A true measure of character is reaction to conflict and/or overwhelming odds. Anyone can ride in the boat, but it takes a real captain to challenge the waves and bring the vessel to port during a storm. Do you ride the waves of life and merely accept the daily challenges or do you speak up and voice your opinion? Are you willing to challenge the norm? Are you a passenger in life or a captain? JFallin Feb, 2007

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 16313
I have never had Continental tires on my RV. Dane Goodwin put 6 on his in 2015. Last I heard he has had no problems with them.
I used Michelin and Goodyear. I had blowouts with of these brands with RV rated tires. Put Goodyear 647s on front. Firestone FS 590 Plus in rear. Both where good tires. I did up the size to 245 19.5 G rated tires.
If you want H rated tires in a steer. You will find Continental and Michelin are the 2 brand name tires with that rating.
Best
Ron Hall

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 16314
Had them and they were fine no issues. Like Toyo also.

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 16315
I spoke to a long time friend that works for Exxon and he measures quality of tires since his company made the actual rubber for them. Michelin has always been the standard to beat by ALL brands of tires. I did replace my Continental with Michelins due to his recommendation. I would really like to know more and understand why I had 2 blowouts within 8 hours of each other on the Continental tires. First was RR outside and the next was LR inside? What the heck? This vehicle does not have a spare. The coach is 2014 Thor Super C, Diesel ( tires were June 2013) 30K miles and 4 years old. WHY did this happen? I verified pressures before departing Texas and the temps were reasonable. I did have a rumble before and do not have it now. I also went with load rating of G for the new tires (same as others) since my coach is heavy at 19K Gross Wt, without any tow vehicle. Thanks for your info and please expand on this topic since I would like to hear more from folks regarding tires issues and non issues. Thanks Jerry in 70 degree Texas, late Oct 2017. Oh, the Margarita is 30~! LOL Also, I carry a laser temp checker to verify temps when on trips. Works great - cheap item at Northern Tool or Harbor Freight.

Jerry Fallin
Owner/Broker REALTOR, CNE, MCNE, (CLU, LUTC)
www. FallinProperties.com
713-455-7111 (Ham Radio K5Jer)

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 16316
I have them no complaints regarding rutting and tracking. Advantage is u can go up a weight rating

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 16318
Don't forget everybody, FMCA has a discount program with Michelin/Goodrich and I also think Continental or General (can't remember which). Well worth the membership cost.

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 16319
It's Continental that has been added to FMCA plan.
Several of us have had our tires done on a Hunter Road Force HD balancer. Makes a difference.
Best
Ron Hall

Reply #9
Yahoo Message Number: 16320
absolutely agree on the road force balancing!