Skip to main content
Topic: 40k hitch questions from Newbie (Read 1020 times) previous topic - next topic

40k hitch questions from Newbie

Yahoo Message Number: 16321
Morning,
We are just beginning the purchase of an 08 Haulmark Super C. It has the 40K heavy duty hitch like the picture. It currently, not shown, a L-bracket for the 2 5/16" ball for trailer towing. I would like to have a conventional 2" square receiver for those times where I need to flat tow the car.

Is there a name for that type hitch where I can buy the adapter I want or is this a do it yourself, which I can do also..

Thanks to the group for the help.

Larry H
Santa Fe, NM
2008 Haulmark 3301QS

Re: 40k hitch questions from Newbie [1 Attachment]

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 16322
Have you thought about buying the receiver attachment for this hitch, much more cost effective then changing hitch

Sent from my Windows 10 phone

Re: 40k hitch questions from Newbie [1 Attachment]

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 16323
Richard, Thanks for the response. That was what I thought asked in my weird way. I like the heavy hitch but looking for the attachment. Thanks again.

Larry

Re: 40k hitch questions from Newbie

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 16324
Email the picture to etrailer.com and they will get what you want

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 16325
Thanks Ronnie, Had sent them the picture yesterday and am waiting for a response. E-Trailer is a great resource. Thanks for the advice.

Larry

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 16327
i have a haulmark 3303ts with the receiver your looking for. it had one of those bar code stickers on it so its available.

our 2008 haulmark may also be for sale. having problems loading pictures send me an email ddsmcl@...

don

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 16328
Don, Thanks for the picture. I'm sure it was available just haven't found where yet. Hopefully my request to etrailer and Curt will yield results. This coach has the ball adapter, want the sq receiver adapter. I'll try to us the barcode

Larry

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 16329
Etrailer is a dead end. Am contacting Haulmark. Thanks to all.

Larry

Reply #9
Yahoo Message Number: 16330
I have a truck conversion, and has a hitch has mount like needed by OP. I have a 2-inch receiver mount, was made by Sellers Mfg; Wakarusa, IN; "Ruff Neck" is I presume the model that is labeled on it. Hope that helps.