Skip to main content
Topic: Stairs inop after replacing truck batteries (Read 628 times) previous topic - next topic

Stairs inop after replacing truck batteries

Yahoo Message Number: 16335

2007 Jayco Seneca HD

I noticed the engine cranking slower than normal, so before I have any problems, I decided to replace the two batteries for the truck (not the house batteries). After replacing those batteries the stairs no longer work. They were extended, but as soon as I turned on the ignition key, they retracted back. Reading around it states there is a fuse on the truck part that feeds B+ to the stairs that blows when the batteries are replaced. I found two good fuses under next to the stair motor and I another good fuse under the hood that goes to the motorhome, but apparently not the stairs.

Does anyone know there this fuse is located?

David

Re: Stairs inop after replacing truck batteries

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 16336
Mine has a fuse that is a barrel fuse in the area between the house batteries and the steps. There are also two fuses above the steps.

Luke Pye

Re: Stairs inop after replacing truck batteries

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 16337
I found the error of mine that created the problem and will hopefully help others with the same problem.

After I installed the two batteries in the tray and I grabbed all the battery cables, the small pigtail that is connected to the 675 AMP fuse on the floor of the battery tray fell behind the battery and out of sight. Well, that fuse is connected to the cable that goes all the way to the rear of the motorhome to the solenoid that connects the house batteries to the chassis batteries when you would push the dash button to do so. It is at that solenoid where they have the 3rd fuse for stairs, which was good, but had no power on either side (the point where I figured where I had made my error). Since that small pigtail was out of sight, I did not attach to the battery. I could see this happening to others and the reason I post my fix; to help others shortcut their way to the solution.

Regards,

David