Skip to main content
Topic: Modification of Super C RV Group "Ownership" (Read 849 times) previous topic - next topic

Modification of Super C RV Group "Ownership"

Yahoo Message Number: 16416
When I created this Group in 2007 the Yahoo Groups system provided for only ONE Group owner. As the creator of the Group I automatically became the owner.

Over the next couple of years I asked Ron Hall and Dave Sparke if they would agree to be appointed moderators. That way, one of us would always be available to approve applications for membership in the Group and hopefully solve any problems that cropped up with Yahoo from time to time.

This arrangement has worked very well and Ron and Dave have also been very helpful in answering Super C technical questions and helping fellow owners solve problems.

The success of this Group is far beyond anything I could have imagined in 2007. As I reflect back on the past 10 years I can only think of two members that I had to delete from the Group. One joined purely to try to sell products. He was bounced as soon as that became obvious to us. The second had his email account invaded so we had to bounce him and put him back on with his new email address. This is really amazing for a group of this size. Members have acted in a very responsible manner and I congratulate all of you for your good conduct. I have participated in several groups over the past 15 years and I've seen the strange problems that can develop.

Over the past year I've been thinking about how I can make sure that the Group continues as long as the Members are interested.

In November I learned that Yahoo had modified the system to allow for more than ONE owner. I should point out that Yahoo makes a lot of changes and one is lucky to even find out about them. In this case I learned about the change to permit multiple owners when addressing a similar issue in a Group I set up in 2005 for our Cooperative in Florida.

At this time I am delighted to announce that Ron and Dave have agreed to be "promoted" to the owner level so now there are three*** co-owners of the Group.

Ron, Dave and I have agreed on how we will address the continuity of the Group. If one of us decides to give up our co-ownership position then the three of us will select a replacement. If one of us sees our last sunset then the remaining two will select a third member of the Group to become a co-owner with them. This way the Group should be able to continue successfully as long as there is sufficient interest in Super C's.

Wishing everyone years of happy RVing.

Don Leslie

[/b]
*** It is likely that most members of the Group are not aware that the number 3 is one of the most significant numbers in the literature. In a research study I did for the auditing profession over 30 years ago (published in 1985) I used 3 as a factor for a certain computation. In justifying this number I pointed out its significance in the literature.

"As one of the developers of this approach I am often asked to justify the multiple of three. In a humorous vein, the answer is usually that there is more historical support in the literature for the number three than any other number. For example, there were three witches in Macbeth, the square root of nine is three, the AICPA has recommended peer reviews be carried out every three years, there were three wisemen, three little pigs, three bears, three blind mice, three Stooges, etc."

So, we hope you will view the three of us as the "three wisemen" and not as the "three Stooges."

Re: Modification of Super C RV Group "Ownership"

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 16417
Thank you all for your work.. It's been a pleasure to share info with you all. Keep it up!
Sent from AOL Mobile Mail

Re: Modification of Super C RV Group \

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 16418

:D Thanks for all you do and also to all of the members that selflessly share their wisdom and experience. I have only been part of one other group that has been able to conduct themselves in the same positive manner as this group - very rare I think.
Greg Thompson
MN
'05 Gulfstream Endura

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 16419
I mostly listen to all you experts, and I've learned a lot. You have saved me more than once already. This is an informative group, a knowledgeable group, and I use group with kudos.

My chance to say thank you.

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 16420
Don, Ron, and Dave:  Thank gang for your unfailing leadership and excellent posts.  These are complex machines - and "There is always something".

Group: Thanks for the positive and helpful tone!
The dividends have been great - in tips, alternatives, fellowship, and $s.

Best

Kevin (Real) McCoy [@KF5FUZ]
("Roscoe Ventura" Jayco Seneca HD SS 34 Diesel 2006;
"Toad" Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2007)

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 16421
Yes, as others have said, I would also like to thank the three of you for running this group. And to all the members who have shared their info to help others. This has been a great place to come and seek advise, or share our experiences.

Thanks,
Bill

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 16422
Thank you guys for all your efforts and thinking ahead. Always "lurking" in the background and gaining information.

Gary Myers

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 16423
What a class act! Well done Don! We are lucky to have you, Ron and Dave. There's always somebody with help and mostly you three
I can't even remember when I joined, it's been a while. Recently sold super C for a class A and still listen to this group. It's just a pleasure
Thank you all

Larry Payne  ⛳

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 16427
Thanks for your continuing efforts to keep this group alive and relevant. I learn something new each time a question is answered and a modification post is made. Although I don't post very often, when I do have a contribution I find that someone else has already stolen my thunder. I'll continue to lurk in the background until I have another opportunity to help.

Russ Miles

Silent Majority