Skip to main content
Topic: Mirror (Read 548 times) previous topic - next topic

Mirror

Yahoo Message Number: 16433
Hey members,

A bird hit the passenger side mirror and knocked the reflector/yellow light down inside the mirror housing. I have been able to remove the mirrors from their mounts. Removed the 4 screws that hold the mirror mount frame to the outside cover. Removed the bolt that runs up from the bottom of the arm.
I think the mirror mount assembly and outside cover should slid up off the arm, but it doesn't. I wonder if electrolysis between the dissimilar metals is holding the two parts together. Before I force it I thought I'd ask for advice first. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Rob

Re: Mirror

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 16435
Since you have the mirror off. turn the assembly to a position that lets you get light in a position that you can be grab with a needle nose pliers. Pull the assembly out of the housing. The yellow LED insert just snaps in place. I repaired mine and a couple others by putting some thick insulation foam (sticky side to inside) behind area where light mounts. This will hold light assembly in place. You can use a little super glue to help hold it in place also.
Best
Ron Hall

Re: Mirror

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 16436
Great solution - worked perfectly. Thanks Ron!

Get Outlook for Android

Sent: Friday, January 26, 3:53 AM

Subject: [SuperCrvgroup] Re: Mirror

To: supercrvgroup@yahoogroups.com

Since you have the mirror off. turn the assembly to a position that lets you get light in a position that you can be grab with a needle nose pliers. Pull the assembly out of the housing. The yellow LED insert just snaps in place. I repaired mine and a couple others by putting some thick insulation foam (sticky side to inside) behind area where light mounts. This will hold light assembly in place. You can use a little super glue to help hold it in place also.

Best

Ron Hall