Skip to main content
Topic: Jayco Seneca Radio replacement (Read 615 times) previous topic - next topic

Jayco Seneca Radio replacement

Yahoo Message Number: 16477
Had to replace the Magnadyne M1 LCD radio/gps/back-up camera in our 2010 36FS. I went to the Magnadyne website and found a replacement radio (M4 LCD model which was out of stock) also found the M6 radio on their site for $700.00 (kinda overpriced ! ). I had concern about installing a "double DIN radio " where the M1 radio was a typical Chevy 1 and 1/2 DIN radio. Another annoying thing about the M1 radio was that it had power to it at all times, this meant that you must actually turn OFF the radio...no switched power from the ignition switch.

I asked a couple of local radio/install shops about hooking up the audio from my B/U camera into a replacement Double DIN radio...(deer in headlights look ! ) they had never heard of a B/U camera that had audio. They were not too over convincing about their ability to install the Double DIN radio...stock answer was we can cut the dash to fit if needed. I found one post on here about installing a replacement radio and never could find the post again but they stated that the replacement radio (Double DIN radio ) did fit.

I ended up buying the Jensen 7023 from Crutchfield and planned to hook the B/U camera audio into the A/V 2 audio input. I also ordered a wiring harness from Magnadyne ( HAR-RCA-C harness adaptor ) which would allow me to use the original B/U camera ( Magnadyne M125 ) video and audio from it.

I took the RV to Best Buy and the tech whom I had talked to about this install, he had pics of a install on a Kodiak and he felt the install would not be a major problem. I had the Magnadyne install wiring schematic with me and the young man goterdone !! He also hooked up the ignition trigger line ( now the radio turns off when I turn off the ignition) No cutting of the dash was required to get the radio to fit in the original hole. BTW....I utilize the B/U camera audio when backing and hooking up to a trailer, audio works alot better than hand signals !

Re: Jayco Seneca Radio replacement

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 16479
Do you have pics or other info that might be useful for a Kodiak? Thanks.