Skip to main content
Topic: Lateral Arm vs Conventional Awning (Read 669 times) previous topic - next topic

Lateral Arm vs Conventional Awning

Yahoo Message Number: 16607
Looking to add a new awning to my race trailer but want something quality. I like the look of the lateral Arm style but don't have any experience with them. They can be found on the more expensive coaches and trailers vs the standard arms that run down the side of the trailer or coach. Anyone have any experience with them they could share?

Kendrick

Re: Lateral Arm vs Conventional Awning

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 16608
Having had both, i prefer the lateral arm as it is more out of the way when walking back and forth next to the motorhome. something that would probably be better around a race trailer i would think as it would get much more traffic.

mark
2006 seneca 34ss
--

Re: Lateral Arm vs Conventional Awning

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 16609
I am actually looking to do the same form my 2006 Endura. Was looking at the carefree travlr(which is the conventional) but wasn't sure about getting the steep pitch or adjustable. These coaches are so high not sure the adjustable would come down low enough to provide any measurable shade. Was also looking at the lippert solera since it's a 10ft wide opening vs standard 8ft. Anyone have experience with these?

Sorry not trying to hijack your thread, just a couple other thoughts.

Thanks,

Chris