Skip to main content
Topic: Borg Extensions (Read 614 times) previous topic - next topic

Borg Extensions

Yahoo Message Number: 16648
Greetings,
I have the 2008 Jayco Seneca 36fs. Does anyone have the Borg Dually extension part=
numbers handy? I recently placed an order and receive the extensions, and t=
wo of the extensions are completely straight. Before I take it in to a shop t=
o get installed, I wanted to cross reference the part numbers to make sure I=
have the right stuff.
I appreciate your help with this!

Jeff

Re: Borg Extensions

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 16649
Jeff,

Just looked at the Camping World web page and the valve stem kit is still $28.00.

It also looks like a valve stem for motor homes with 16 inch tires is also on sale for $28.00'

It appears these kits are for original steel wheels and not aluminum wheels as the holes for the stems are of different sizes and the wheel itself is thicker for the aluminum.

It is my understanding that the "rubber cups" that come with the kit is also designed to fit the stock steel wheels. Therefore, the long stem would fit the original wheel and the rubber cup that goes in the outside original steel wheel would support that long stem.

On the other hand, if one is running aluminum wheels on the outside, one would be required to obtain the rubber cup designed for the type of aluminum wheel used or the stem would be unsupported and just bounce from side to side. Additional stems for the outside aluminum wheel would be required and I believe they can be obtained from "yourtireshopsupply.com" separately.

Re: Borg Extensions

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 16650
Camping world had valve extensions on sale with something like 70% off

Chevy 19.5" dual kits are $28 for stock original steel wheels

I believe they also have the kit for 16" wheels

Don