Skip to main content
Topic: Alcoa wheels valve stem (Read 1032 times) previous topic - next topic

Alcoa wheels valve stem

Yahoo Message Number: 16707
I have been having issues with valve stem extensions leaking in particular on the inside dual wheel. Recently, camping world put their 1 piece valve stems on clearance and I got a kit in an attempt to replace the extensions.

The kit is for original steel wheels to include 2 long stems for the inside duals and 2 short stems about 5 1/2 inches long with a bend of a about 120 degrees in order for it to feed back to the outside of the wheel.
The problem with this kit is that I don't have steel outside duals but Alcoa aluminum wheels thus this short stem will not work.
In an attempt to locate 2 stems that will work with Alcoa wheels, I have visited camping world, local tire shops, Alcoa dealers and all with no success.
In the past, I have noticed posts on different sites that discuss these stems but didn't read it or take notice of the post.
Surely, I am not the only one with a kodiak that has attempted to located these stems to fit Alcoa wheels.
Others have attempted to direct me without success.
If anyone had been able to locate these stems, I would appreciate some direction.
Thanks,
Don

Re: Alcoa wheels valve stem

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 16709
Hi Don,
I replaced tires about 3 years ago and have not had a single issue. East Bay Tire in Pittsburg, CA provided my tires and valve extensions. They are in the Michelin Commercial Service Network. I do not know the brand they used, but they appear to be of good quality and have not leaked. Their website is www.eastbaytire.com
The gentleman who helped me was named Dale, and his number is (707)590-3873. I had a great experience with the Pittsburg location. I'm not sure if it's still a good number because it was 3 years ago, but worth a try. Good luck and let me know if you need further help.
Chris

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 16710
I highly recommend Borg Equipment & Supply Co., Phone: 818-352-3017. They cost more but are true replacement stems, not extensions.

Jim B.

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 16711
Hi Don,
After taking another look, i realized that they aren't valve extensions, they are extended valves....hence the no leaking. Good luck
Chris

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 16712
When I replaced the tires, the truck place who did them replaced all the valve stems. He carried two brands and had to try both to find which one would work best. I always had extended stems instead of extensions. With real stems there was never a problem.

Take care,
Greg