Skip to main content
Topic: Really rough ride, poor handling in the wind/on uneven roads, pretty (Read 3139 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Really rough ride, poor handling in the wind/on uneven roads, pr

Reply #25
Yahoo Message Number: 16822
My 2005 seneca 34ss was unwieldy until I put an "additional" roadmaster swaybar on the rear, and a large sway bar on the front.
New bilstein shocks, and a steering centering device on the steering. Oh ya, a new arm from the steering box to the long bar between the wheels. These additions helped the wind, truck and over-steer conditions by 90%.
But, the rig still wanders more than I would like. It seems the rig does better if I am not towing (I tow a Jeep Liberty flat). Is there a way to minimize "the tail wagging the dog". It isn't terrible, but still noticeable. annoying
Ralph

Reply #26
Yahoo Message Number: 16823
A rear trak bar did a lot for mine 2007 kodiak diesel.

Larry Payne  ⛳

Reply #27
Yahoo Message Number: 16824
What brand or design did you use. I have looked at some images and I will eventually give this addition a try.

Reply #28
Yahoo Message Number: 16825
This is the one I put on my c5500.. Pretty easy to install yourself if you are so inclined. Made a HUGE difference!
https://supersteerparts.com/product/motorhome/class-a/f-53/20k-22k-gvw-f-53/supersteer-trac-bar-ford-f53-20k-22k-chassis-bolt-3rd-member/
Dave

On Saturday, July 28, 2018 Ralph Hinkle rlh_dlh SuperCrvgroup@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

What brand or design did you use. I have looked at some images and I will eventually give this addition a try.

Reply #29
Yahoo Message Number: 16826
Thanks. With a friend, I have installed most of the other suspension components.

Ralph

Reply #30
Yahoo Message Number: 16827
I can't even remember what brand sorry. But if it bolts to ur rearend and has a rod, bar, or extension that attaches to ur frame. Then that's it.

I raised my suspension in the rear like 5 inches. With added leaf springs. This stopped ass end dragging and gave me suspension. I was now able to hit a bump or hole and feel some suspension. It put more Weight on frt end. And less on rear made a huge difference.
The trak bar helped with the sway. Cut it in half . MH top going left to right. I could actually feel MH leaning, in wind or turn, and the leaning would be half.
My kids following me could see the diffference

Larry Payne  ⛳

Reply #31
Yahoo Message Number: 16828
I had track bars installed on front and rear. It stopped the tail wagging the dog. Without the track bar, the spring bushings allow to much side to side flex.

Dan

Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE smartphone

Reply #32
Yahoo Message Number: 16838
Maybe front and rear will be the solution.
Thanks,
Ralph

Reply #33
Yahoo Message Number: 16849
Ralph,

On mine, the front is a Davis Tru-Trac track bar that the previous owner installed. On the rear I installed an UltraTrac unit that is also used on the Ford F53 chassis. It fit correctly and is a well built piece, especially for the cost compared to other brands out there.

https://www.ultrarvproducts.com/UltraTrac-Trac-Bars/UTF53V10R-Rear-Ultratrac-Trac-Bar-Ford-F53-20-22k-GVW-Chassis?filter=128

As far as sway bars (or anti-sway bars) the rear is still the stock unit. Up front I installed the Hellwig unit. It looks identical to the Roadmaster and BlueOx units but at a better price.

Reply #34
Yahoo Message Number: 16851
Thanks, John.
I have bookmarked the site.
Ralph