Skip to main content
Topic: Generator Auto Start (Read 819 times) previous topic - next topic

Generator Auto Start

Yahoo Message Number: 12341
What parameters are you guys using in the auto start settings on the generator?  Voltage start, voltage stop?  I'm worried if I set it too low it won't have enough juice to crank the Onan 6000.

Thanks in advance.

Shawn

--
Shawn Colby

Altitude GunWorks
Shop:  (970)337-6241
Cell:  (970)471-8020

http://AltitudeGunWorks.com
shawn@...

Re: Generator Auto Start

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 12342
Shawn,
I don't have the auto start, or don't beleive so and have wondered if the gen will start when the battery bank gets low.
To my amazement, it has always started no matter how low the batteries.
I found the answer to the question when I removed the truck batteries. The gen is wired to those batteries so no matter how low the bank gets, it has additional batteries to start.
Don

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 12343
Thanks Don, we are taking our Seneca to a snowmobile race in Crested Butte, CO this weekend.  It will actually be our first trip since purchasing it.  It is going to be a beautiful weekend with lows only around 7 degrees.  The furnace will end up running most of the night, so I'm hoping that the auto start will work so we don't wind up with batteries too dead to run the furnace blower in the middle of the night.

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 12345
I set mine at 11 volts and gen starts. 13 volts and gen stops. But I've never been in a situation to test it.

Larry Payne  ⛳

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 12346
I have used my Auto many times. If you want your batteries to last a long time set the voltage to 12.0 volts. This lets you use 50% of your battery voltage. I have used my Auto Start in warm and cold weather. Anything below 11.5 volts has caused start failure in cold weather.
Set Voltage at 12.0 and temperature at 80 degrees. Of course, the AC has to be on to cool the temperature down.
Best
Ron Hall

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 12348
Close the big slide at night to save heat.
Also make sure to place the dash HVAC control to the A/C MAQX position to close
the outside air intake.
We put up a floor to ceiling set of insulating drapes just behind the driving seats, made a big difference.
Have fun!

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 12349
I installed an additional furnace in the front. Keeps it toasty warm but haven't been in the 7 degree weather.
Don