Skip to main content
Topic: Gulfstream Super C Duramax Transfer switch (Read 906 times) previous topic - next topic

Gulfstream Super C Duramax Transfer switch

Yahoo Message Number: 16857
Hello i have a electrical problem in my 2006 Gulfstream that was diagnosed in the campground I just stayed in as a faulty transfer switch? The symptoms are that only half of the electrical receptacles are hot when hooked up to shore power (50 amp). All breakers and fuses are good to go. But when i fire up my Onan gen set everything is fine. One of the great things about RV'ing is alot of people very helpful. One person who has had a similar problem said it was a faulty transfer switch.I live in North Idaho and there is no Gulfstream dealer for 500 miles.I went to Camping World in Spokane and was bounced around and wound up with a salesmen for a trade. So my electrician neighbor said he could wire the "box" but we do not know where it is located. The power cord comes out of the rear left and goes through a interior wall. The length of my coach is 32 feet and all I have is the owners manual that is pretty basic.

Re: Gulfstream Super C Duramax Transfer switch

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 16858
We have a 2008 Gulfstream 6319 and our transfer switch is under the bed along with the converter. We have had one side of the coach be without power caused by a tripped GFI in the bath or kitchen which are opposite sides in our coach. The GFI is first in the leg and protects all outlets further down that leg.

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 16859
We need the model number of your GS. Should find that in a cabinet. Mine was in cabinet above kitchen sink.
The transfer switch was in bottom of bedroom closet on driver side of MH.
Check above area where shore power cord enters MH.

Best
Ron Hall

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 16860
Transfer switch problem can be as simple as a loose wire.
If all electrical works with generator. I would rule out GFI's.
I have a new transfer switch from GS on the shelf. Getting it to ID would take a few days.

Best
Ron Hall

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 16950
You were correct. I bought a new transfer switch and prior to installing new switch i tighten all large wires (battery, generator, shore power). Tested old unit and everything works as it should.i now have a new transfer switch i can keep as a spare? or is any board members need one please contact me. THANKS

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 16955
Good news. Glad the group was able to help.
Best
Ron Hall