Skip to main content
Topic: Cab to bunk seal (Read 979 times) previous topic - next topic

Cab to bunk seal

Yahoo Message Number: 16869
Anyone have a good solution for resealing the seam between the overhead area and the top of the cab? We had a hard driving rain last night and I see evidence of minor water intrusion. Unit was facing west which likely contributed.

Greg Thompson
6340 Gulfstream

Re: Cab to bunk seal

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 16870
Sealed the seam between cab front and roof with eternabond tape 6" width. Made sure any caulking/dirt was removed using acetone. Had to re tighten screws. Our 2007 Seneca has brown and black colors so we used black eternabond tape.

---- "'Greg'  [SuperCrvgroup]" SuperCrvgroup@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 16871
I used a plastic tube clamped to end of a caulk tube. It still was pain. Had to do a lot of clean up after applying caulk. Used OSI QUAD sealant.

Best
Ron Hall

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 16875
Looks like you got 2 different answers. My answer was for chassis cab to cab over. Mine had a rubber grommet between the 2. But it still leaked in heavy winds and rain. I also took covers off cutout inside cab and spread the the metal and fiberglass parts apart. Then caulked that space. That worked better than the outside caulk.
I did the roof to cab over with Eternabond tape as already mentioned. Used alcohol to clean old caulk before applying.

Best
Ron Hall

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 16879
I used Acetone to clean the roof before installing eternabond tape. that cleaned things off nicely.

Mark

2006 34SS
--