Skip to main content
Topic: Replace Shurflo pump '06 Seneca 35GS (Read 769 times) previous topic - next topic

Replace Shurflo pump '06 Seneca 35GS

Yahoo Message Number: 16882
My 12 year old Shurflo has failed and needs to be replaced. Replacement seems straight forward, but I cannot get my head up past the valve control panel to remove the 4 mounting screws. The pump is mounted very high in the valve cabinet. For those who have replaced their pump is their a trick to removing the mounting screws. I can't even see the back two screws.
Any help would be appreciated

Re: Replace Shurflo pump '06 Seneca 35GS

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 16884
Your pump should be screwed onto a piece of plywood that is mounted to the compartment wall. I also found that to remove the pump alone was too difficult. I removed the wires and water lines from the pump and then removed the whole plywood mounting plate with the pump. I just used a regular screw driver but you will not be able to see one or two of the screws and have to remove them by "feel". It is a bit of a pain compared to other RVs but doable. Hope this helps.

Re: Replace Shurflo pump '06 Seneca 35GS

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 16885
Well, when I did this I found that some of the mounting screws were missing! It is a tight spot, but I had some right angle screw drivers from Radio that I used. Also note that SHURflo recommends NEVER USE DIRECT Rigid pipe connection. You can reduce the noise from the pump enormously by using flexible hose connectors. So if your pump sounds like a Jake Break, then this is a great and inexpensive mod you can do when you replace your pump. We boondock a bit, so this cuts down the noise.    Connector flex hoses and a couple of male / male adaptors is all you need.

"SHURflo recommends at least 1ft. [.3 M] of _" [13mm] I.D. flexible high pressure tubing to both ports. Ideally the pumps ports/strainer should not be connected to plastic or rigid pipe."