Skip to main content
Topic: Digital TV antenna (Read 922 times) previous topic - next topic

Digital TV antenna

Yahoo Message Number: 16951
I have a 2007 Gulfstream Super C that I purchased two years ago. When I got the coach the previous owner removed the flat screen tv .I got the coach through a broker and was told it was part of a divorce property settlement. living in Idaho i did not pay attention to the TV connections because without a dish you are not going to get reception in most of the state. Fast forward i will be in coach on the west coast for two months in March -April. On the roof of my coach there is a large antenna that resembles a large upside down plastic bowl. There are four coax cables where the flat screen used to be? My local RV service center was NO help. They said system was almost 10 years old and probably did not work anymore? Is this system i have worth saving? Any tips to revive it are most appreciated.i bought a new 27 inch flat screen at best buy. Thanks

Re: Digital TV antenna

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 16952
It sounds like a satellite dish antenna. Direct tv or Dish network. I don't believe the two are compatible.
Is there a box at the base of the antenna ? Gears.?

Ralph

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 16953
Likely not worth saving. I had one on my 2005 Gulfstream and updates were no longer available making the dish (King in motion dish as I remember) obsolete. You can take plastic dome off and then you should be able to find the plate that shows the make/model, then google the manufacturer for more info.
Greg, MN

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 16954
Yeah it does sound like a satellite dish or dome. Maybe you could take a picture. That would help to identify what you have.

Bob

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 16956
Hi, I have 2006 Gulf Stream Independence model 6316. Bought it lightly used and it had a satellite dome. It was originally for direct TV but had a switch on the satellite under the dome to be able to change to Dish. Since Dish has "Pay as you go" service for only the months you need service, I got a receiver from them. I followed direction to connect it to the TV. Then I called Dish to get the thing working. They walked me through what to do. I knew the satellite probably worked because it had been used in the past and it would move around searching for a signal when I turned the switch on, even if I didn't have service connected. So you might look for a switch, turn it on ( with RV power on) and listen for a whirring sound on the roof.
Another option might be to get one of those portable satellite dishes if you don't want to start over on the roof unit.
Denise

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 16957
My King Dome only has one cable attached. It receives power from and sends the signal to my Dish box (#211).