Skip to main content
Topic: Seneca gray water draining (Read 1067 times) previous topic - next topic

Seneca gray water draining

Yahoo Message Number: 17000
Hi Group from Gulf Shores Al.
Shari and I are here in Gulf Shored Al. wintering at Sugar Sand RV Resort. A very nice place. All paved roads concrete pads nice grasses large spots with 50 amp, cable and a huge rec. center, Nice!

Question:

My 2008 Jayco Seneca 36 MS wall slide/ rear master bath:. I have a very slow running shower drain in that rear bath. If it were a sink I wound look at taking apart the drain pipe under the sink to look at a possible part plugged pipe, no access under the shower to do that. Suggestions? Almost seems like a lack of venting maybe to the gray water holding tank to allow good fast draining but who knows.
Suggestions?

Hope all of you back up north are doing OK in that bad snow and cold

Larry Myers of Fort Wayne, In

Re: Seneca gray water draining

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 17001
Check your studor valve somewhere in a cabinet. It's possibly stuck or hanging up.

Greg

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 17004
Hi Group

I have looked in the drain and see no blockage. I have been trying per the suggestion to find the studor vent valve. I looked on the web for a picture of one so to have an idea what a studor valve looks like.I looked inside all the cabinets but no luck finding that valve. I know our group has members with a Jayco Seneca 36MS like mine. If any of those members may have a idea of the studor valve location in the there Seneca please let me know. Thanks for any information you can give me.

Larry Myers

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 17005
Home Depot has a small plastic had snake no longer than 2 ft and super cheap too. I have used this item to get hair out of my home shower drain with great success. I doubt it is the vent but most likely hair caught up in the drain less than a foot from the shower. You can also pressure up a garden hose nozzle to try to force stuff out of the drain and into the tank. Hope this helps.

Jerry in Texas

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 17007
Larry,
Is this an issue that just started or has it been a problem for awhile?

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 17008
Here is a photo of the studor valve in my Seneca..