Skip to main content
Topic: Soft / spongy floor near the bathroom (Read 2734 times) previous topic - next topic

Soft / spongy floor near the bathroom

Yahoo Message Number: 16222
I'm having an issue with a soft floor near the bathroom and in front of the dinette. I can do the work myself. Just look for a little guidance on how to do the repair. Started ripping out the floor and it had water damage. Not sure where it came from yet. Any help would be appreciated.

Tim

Re: Soft / spongy floor near the bathroom

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 16223
Mine was a leak in the shower drain and the trap.. Reinforced the support structure under the shower to reduce flexing in the shower floor which appeared
to cause the drain and trap to flex and loosen.. Just my experience.. Good luck!
Sent from AOL Mobile Mail

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 16224
Mine was a leak in the shower drain and the trap.. Reinforced the support structure under the shower to reduce flexing in the shower floor which appeared
to cause the drain and trap to flex and loosen.. Just my experience.. Good luck!
Sent from AOL Mobile Mail

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 16225
2004 to 2006 had problems of no support for floor above rear axle. If you have soft floor near dinette I would be looking for a water leak. As already stated check shower drain. Also shower valve.
Best
Ron Hall

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 16227
Thanks for getting back to me guys. It has been sitting all summer(long story) and hasn't been used. I did think a leak from the drivers side slide is where it may be coming from. It rained pretty hard today, so I went out to check for water near the dinette. Didn't find any so I'll keep looking. Any suggestions on repairing the floor. Not much to attach to under there. Metal framing is pretty far apart 36" - 38" in that area. It's a little surprising to see it so far apart.

Tim

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 16233
Not much help on how to do repair. But use good quality marine plywood for the repair. The first layer next to frame is Galvanised sheet metal, Then a layer of foam, These 2 items can trap water and if MH is not level will settle the water in a low spot away from actual leak location.
Best
Ron Hall

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 16236
Before i got my current MH i had a fifth wheel i replaced the underlayment with Sea Board its pricy but completely waterproof you use just like plywood might want to check it out

Reply #9
Hey Tim I have detected the same issue that you reported.  Did you do the repairs yourself and if so what advice do you have before I wade into the project

Doug Brothers
2005 6340 Gulfstream Endura

Reply #10
Not a easy job. I did remove all the OEM flooring. Then put in plank type flooring. Removing old vinyl flooring would be a good place to start. Then you can determine what the reason for soft floor is.
Best
Ron Hall

Reply #11
Now that pictures are up you can look at my photos when I pulled up flooring. If you find that your problem is floor not having enough support. I can post pictures of my repair.