Skip to main content
Topic: things to look for when purchasing a 2007 seneca 35gs (Read 2500 times) previous topic - next topic

things to look for when purchasing a 2007 seneca 35gs

im new to the group but have been reading the posts for days, as well as new to the large diesel MH game. im looking at purchasing a used jayco 2007 seneca 35gs with 35000 miles on it. what do i need to look for when doing my pre purchase inspection? what are the glaring issues i need to be aware of while performing driving tests and gen tests. what is the proper startup procedure to check all the appliances and electrical equipment? basically want to know what im getting into possibly as well as what to look for onsite. any help will go leaps and bounds at inspection time. im a very well educated shade tree mechanic but not a veteran at this by any means. thanks again everyone.

Re: things to look for when purchasing a 2007 seneca 35gs

Reply #1
FIrst off welcome...

Only issue I had with our 08 was the radiator. The lower driver's side tank has been known to leak due to a bad crimp on the tank. Look for any residual antifreeze in that area. The other item would be tires. Check the DOT code to see how old they are. Hopefully Ron will jump in since he is very knowledgeable when it comes to the mechanics of the KODIAK..

Re: things to look for when purchasing a 2007 seneca 35gs

Reply #2
Depending on where MH was/is stored. Look for rust. Some of the 35GS models had wrong rear springs. Some added air bags. Others added another leaf to rear springs. Beyond that they have fairly solid chassis.