Skip to main content
Topic: Four Winds with Mold (Read 564 times) previous topic - next topic

Four Winds with Mold

Yahoo Message Number: 1335

OK, some of you will hate me, but remember, I am ONLY the messenger.... and this IS important to anyone that owns a Four Winds Super C, regardless of model.

Late this afternoon I was in the coach to pack a few items, and I found water dripping from the headliner in the cab. Four Winds had just replaced the front cap because of a moisture problem they acknowledged, so I thought they must have overlooked some caulking. Water was also dripping from the wide plastic trim around the opening cut in the roof of the cab. Water was also dripping unto the windshield from the bottom trim on the underside of the outside overhang.

I got on the roof and the only water was from the A/C unit, a small trail running to the driver's side edge. Looking more closely, it appeared that the water disappeared behind the small trim piece rather than running into the gutter. I pulled loose the plastic that covers the roof side trim, and found green mold growing the full length of the coach to the front. I checked the other side with the same results. I had previously noticed the sidewall delaminating directly below the trim, but Four Winds argued that there was no moisture in that area.

A/C water is running into the trim channel and went it builds up at the front of the coach, it seeps thru the screw openings (Four Winds uses a beveled screw so it does not seal the trim). If you own a Four Winds, you should check for the same problem.... I have published more photos under a heading Four Winds Mold on Yahoo.

I have had a constant cough that finally let up when we got home from California when we moved back into our home.... since the coach has been home, i have started the cough again. Tonight, when I exposed the green mold, I immediately started coughing again... I suggest you at least wear a dust mask when you check for mold under the trim.

Denny

Gas prices getting you down? Search AOL Autos for fuel-efficient used cars.