Skip to main content
Topic: Myhre's Four Winds Super C (Read 592 times) previous topic - next topic

Myhre's Four Winds Super C

Yahoo Message Number: 1727

I previously mentioned that the passenger sidewall had a gap between it and the rear wall, so Four Winds inserted a wood scrap to use as a spacer to tighten the corner screws against to make the corner tight. I could not figure why the corner didn't fit since I assumed the walls were jigged and with tight measurements.

Well, I think I got it figured out. The front of the coach where it meets the back of the cab is 1/2'-3/4" wider on the passenger side than the drivers side. While not a great distance, the rear appears to be exact from one side to the other. If the cab is straight, which it is, and the coach frame is welded crooked on the chassis frame which it appears to be, then somewhere something is NOT going to fit.

Another owner of a Damon has the same problem (that is why I measured my coach body), but since the Class A box is built as a unit, the box is straight. But since I have a straight cab, the box has a "twist" in it.

Denny

Looking for simple solutions to your real-life financial challenges? Check out WalletPop for the latest news and information, tips and calculators.