Skip to main content
Topic: Ron's trip to San Diego (Read 2272 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Ron's trip to San Diego

Reply #25
Yahoo Message Number: 2455
Made it back to Apache Junction today. It's 92. Must be because I mentioned no day above 90. Tomorrow back into the 70's.
I have been to 2 races at Phoenix. First race we sat in turn one. Got to seem some action in the pits. Not bad seats. Next race we sat close to turn 2. Like it better. Gave a good view of both turns. The plus with sitting in either turn 1 or 2 you get shade much sooner than those on the main straight. I think we got seast up about row 20. Anything lower is too close to the track to see anything else on track. Beyond that there are no bad seats.

Reply #26
Yahoo Message Number: 2456
Made it back to Apache Junction today. It's 92. Must be because I mentioned no day above 90. Tomorrow back into the 70's.

Ron, hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I think you lost a day.
We will still be in the high 80's 90's tomorrow. Not going to be in
the 70's until Wed. Below is from www.accuweather.com. These numbers
are for Apache Junction.

Tuesday, Apr 7
High: 88 °F RealFeel®: 90 °F
Very warm with plenty of sunshine

Wednesday, Apr 8
High: 75 °F RealFeel®: 72 °F
Breezy and cooler with sun

Reply #27
Yahoo Message Number: 2457

Thank`s Ron we got tickets in row 27 in the foyt section in turn one. We also got an rv site on the row closest to the track in the Arizona 3 section. We have read that Phoenix is pretty tame and not a whole lot of drunks running around till all hours, I hope thats true. Did you camp near the track?
later brad

Reply #28
Yahoo Message Number: 2458
After the nice weather we had in San Diego, Mid 70's. I must have been thinking about the wrong weather forecast. It's already 71 degrees at 8:00 am.

Reply #29
Yahoo Message Number: 2459
We stayed in Mesa. Less than a hour drive to track. My BIL has a Handicap permit because of bad legs. This gave us a parking place as close as you are going to get to track. When leaving the race we got home before 10 pm. He also lives in Mesa and knows the roads very well around Phoenix. Enjoy the race.

Reply #30
Yahoo Message Number: 2488
We made it to Albuquerque, NM Tuesday. Weather and hills have not been cooperating with fuel mileage. 8.9 mpg best for last 2 tanks. Now that we are headed home. Mileage has been better. The upgraded Scangauge II software works very well and seems to be more accurate.
We are staying at the KOA. Met 2 fellow owners of Kodiak based MH's. Both Diesel. One is a member here and other is a fellow that I going to send a link to this forum. He has done many upgrades to his Kodiak. Including many LED upgrades. Have not updated my site lately. Will get it done soon.

Reply #31
Yahoo Message Number: 2489
We spent last weekend in Albuquerque. We live 1.5 hours away in Los
Alamos. It is downhill on the way there and we usually get 9.3 mpg.
Last weekend in the wind we got 7.5 mpg and only 6.8 mpg going home.
Also got lots of rain and hail while there and a few inches of snow at
our house when we got back.

So far, I haven't rewinterized the RV yet, but I might have to since it
is supposed to get down to 20 tonight. Or I might just leave the heater
on.

David

Reply #32
Yahoo Message Number: 2582
We made it back Wednesday evening. Stayed in motorhome one last night.
We drove 6092 miles.
Spent $1,300 on fuel.
Fuel cost ranged from $1.94 to $2.30 per gallon.
MPG averaged 9.9. Lots of wind this year.
Things ran great with only one problem. Cruise Control failed to work when we left Joplin, MO. Monday. Stopped at next rest area. Shut everything off. When we got back on freeway. Cruise was working OK. Don;t know what caused failure. Will have to check into it.
Overall we had a great time. Looking forward to a possible trip to Seattle this fall plus a couple of local Rally's.
I have updated our blog.
http://ronjhall.livejournal.com/

Reply #33
Yahoo Message Number: 2583
I know this sounds weird. But I think it relates to the air compressor. When the tank falls below a certain pressure it disables the cruise control. When you restart and have adequate pressure the cruise control is reenabled. Call me crazy.

K

Reply #34
Yahoo Message Number: 2584
I have had the brake pedal stick just a bit and prevent the cruise from engaging. I reach down and jiggle the pedal.
Bob

Reply #35
Yahoo Message Number: 2585

I didn't realize there was an air compressor on the kodiak... could it be tapped to a brake controller on a properly equipped car?

Denny

Reply #36
Yahoo Message Number: 2586
Our Kodiak has a air compressor. But it is only used for the ehaust brake. Will check out the pressure when I get a chance.

Reply #37
Yahoo Message Number: 2587
I tried playing with brake pedal while driving. Did not help. I am thinking it has something to do with key switch on steering column.