Skip to main content
Topic: Air pump/compressor (Read 855 times) previous topic - next topic

Air pump/compressor

Yahoo Message Number: 230
I have a Husky compressor that I have carried along with us in our two
previous DPs. It is a bit on the large and heavy side and I wouldn't
mind considering something smaller without a tank. Over the past few
years I've seen a few reports about units that are fairly small and
operate on 110V and can supposedly hand the high pressures of a MH.

Does anyone have one of these smaller units that they would recommend?

Don

Re: Air pump/compressor

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 232
Rich, can you reach all the tires with the 16 ft hose?

Don

rmpvegas wrote:

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 236
Don,

What I've been doing is hooking up the compressor to the house battery to fill the street side tires and using the junction box in
the engine compartment to fill the curb side tires.

The connector is a thread-on style which makes reaching the front stems a test in dexterity. Also, with the outer rear stems facing
inward it is pretty much useless. What I would like to do is replace all the stems so that they are easy to access. Another
project for the future.

Regards, Rich Panganiban.

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 244
Rich, in a discussion with a friend this evening I happened to access my Rogers-Yahoo account to look at the preferences. What a shock I got. I had decided that I'd stop the bulk mail and what did I find - about 20 items from this forum in the bulk (junk) for the past week - including this posting of yours. I download via Pop3 so I was not seeing them anymore. Very annoying given that Yahoo should be able to identify mail from its own system. There were even a couple of applications to join the forum - don't know how many more I might have missed as the junk gets cleared out after a week and I "only" had 752 items in the bulk for the last week.

I had to use my Husky compressor to top of toad tires today and the Jayco as the temperature was down to about 35 last night. Decided to weigh the compressor - about 23 lbs. It works so well I decided I'm going to take it like I did with the Journey and Ambassador.

Don

rmpvegas wrote: