Skip to main content
Topic: Water leak on bed slide (Read 602 times) previous topic - next topic

Water leak on bed slide

Yahoo Message Number: 3044
Hi,

Wonder if anyone has any thoughts on the following problem:

Seneca 08 36 MS, I recently had water coming in through the side wall on the bed slide only on the side that has the slide lock. If you are facing the bed from inside on the left side.

I first thought was the window, but it is not, I sealed again and check. Actually when I put my hand between the shades and the wall all the way on the top touching the ceiling/top I felt water coming from there, as matter of fact indeed, and it runs through the side of the window. So it is not the window.
I then proceed to check the lock (the slide lock) I pulled the screws and re-sealed and put back together and put a bead of silicone all around. It is drying as I write this.

My concern is, is it possible that the black lining inside the lock has a whole? is it possible water is coming through there? if so, there must be water coming in through the other 2 locks on the other side big slide. I found that little disturbing since these MH have been in the market for while though.

So I will test again tonight, but if water still comes in, I run out of options.
Any suggestion is greatly appreciated.
thank you all
Mo

Re: Water leak on bed slide

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 3045
I have an 08 35GS and it did not come with the "slide locks" it is my understanding that it was new to JAYCO sometime in 08 so unfortunately there may not be many people who can comment yet.

Re: Water leak on bed slide

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 3050
Thanks for the reply.

I wonder that too.
Today I learned on a different forum that winnebagos (not sure which) have a plug on the slide that works as a drain for the power lock cavity. Apparently that can be clogged somehow, and after cleaned/unclogged everything works fine.

I did not see such a plug on my MH, but again I was not remotely looking for one.
Does anyone know if we have one, and where? I sent a message to Jayco, but it may take some time to get an answer.
thanks again for all help.
Mo