Skip to main content
Topic: Help, Im stuck! (Read 631 times) previous topic - next topic

Help, Im stuck!

Yahoo Message Number: 3047
Hello, I brought my camper home from storage today, parked it in front of the house, put down the levelers, plugged it in and went to exit the camper but the steps would not go out. I checked the only fuse I could find under the steps, a 5A fuse and it looked fine. I then decided to move the camper and the leveling jacks would not retract. All of the lights work on the leveling system, but nothing happening. I'm lost.
I then tried disconnecting the power, killing the battery disco, and then started from scratch by reversing the order, turned on the battery disco, plugged the camper in, and everything worked again. I thought I must have reset whatever caused the problem. Put the jacks down let the slides out and started to load the camper. On my third trip with stuff to load entered the camper and the steps refused to retract when the door closed. Crap!, I checked the levelers, Crap! they are stuck down again.
I tried my earlier power rotation fix and nothing. I'm stuck where I sit. Levelers down and steps out.
I have tried releasing the parking break, and resetting it, Running on generator, and generator off, plugged in and unplugged. Cant get any power to the steps and levelers. Everything else in the RV works. I have tripped every breaker and reset. Can anyone help? I was due to pull out first thing in the morning for a trip.
By the way my steps and levelers always worked without being plugged in and the steps always work when the engine was off and the battery disco off.

Re: Help, Im stuck!

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 3048
My Kodiak has a set of heavy duty circuit breakers near the hydraulic pump. They are easy to see. But on later models that I have seen there is a box over the top of the circuit breakers.

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 3049

Hello Scott,

Sounds like to me, there is a Thermal fuse that is overheating causing the steps not to retract. I think that is a safety feature, no power, they stay out. Then after a while it must cool and resets itself.
The same thing happend to me, but I had to "find" the Thermal fuse, and reset it manually. I don't know what MH you have, but take a look at the picture I have on the website, and see if you can fine that fuse.

Your batteries could be soooo low that the converter is at max recharging them.

Good luck, ...........and tell us what you fine.

Joe

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 3051

Hello Scott,

I though about that problem with the steps and levelers again, and really think the batteries are the problem.
The Thermal fuse is doing it's job, just that too much current is going through that fuse.
I recommend charging the batteries with an outside charger, so that fuse does not have to deal with the current.

Hope that helps you out.

Joe

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 3052
Try to unplug or disconnect everything you can and start from there. If you know how, do a voltage drop test to see if resistance is creating a problem. Power the step separately.
Good Luck,
Dan