Skip to main content
Topic: To rally or not to rally? That is the question... (Read 5012 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rally

Reply #26
Yahoo Message Number: 3485
Here is my latest list of sign ups for RALLY.
Ron & Betty Hall, MI
Dave & Linda Sparke, OH
Gary and Sheryl Myers, FL
Russ and Claudia Hill, CA
Kevin and Sandy McCoy, TX
John Meredith,

That gives a total of 7 at this date. Please let know if I missed anyone.
To make it easier to keep track of rally info I have opened a email address just for the rally.  Please send all info to that address.
Sometime next week I will post this RALLY on RV.NET. with a link to this forum.
Best
Ron Hall

Reply #27
Yahoo Message Number: 3488
Added
Bill & Judi Boggs, GA
Sorry I forgot you on the other list. You are on my list but did not transfer your name to the main list.
Best
Ron Hall

Rally

Reply #28
Yahoo Message Number: 3508
We will attend if all goes well it is just we lost my wife's stepfather just after christmas and her Mom went in the hospital 2 days later and surgery to repair a leaking colon and now it is bleeding again so we are just up in the air right now. Dane

Reply #29
Yahoo Message Number: 3813
Time to bring the Rally back to top of list. Got a call from Jayco today. Working on a Jayco tour on Friday the 16th.

Reply #30
Yahoo Message Number: 3870
As far as I know now we are still going. We need to visit friends who work at Jayco and stock up on Amish grocery goods again anyway. Dane

Reply #32
Yahoo Message Number: 4582
Hello ALL
Getting closer to the rally.
I am putting together a agenda from what we have at this time.
Also including a list of items to cover in our seminars.
RV.NET has moved our rally to a sticky.
RV.NET Rally lsiting
Best
Ron Hall

Reply #33
Yahoo Message Number: 4644
I have come up with a agenda for the rally. It is open for any suggestions. Please review. I did not put the RV Museum tour on the agenda, Thought that some would just drive over to museum as they feel like going. It is about 5 miles from campground. Can make it a tour if enough people would like to go together.

KODIAK/TOPKICK CHASSIS RALLY JULY 15-18/2010

AGENDA
7/15/2010
All day      Arrive and check in. Pick up welcome bag at Host RV.
4:00 pm       Meet and Greet. Snacks and soft drinks.
6:00 pm      Dinner at a local restaurant of groups choice.
8:00 pm      Games in the Pavilion.
      We like to play Mexican Train. Other game are welcome

7/16/2010
8:30 am       Carpool to Middlebury, IN. Meet at Host MH.
9:00      Jayco tour.
1:00 pm      Seminar Kodiak Chassis maintenance. Start at Host RV.
6:00 pm      Pot luck dinner. If weather is good.
Will have outside at picnic table.
      Bad weather, inside park pavilion.

7/17/2010
8:30 am    Carpool to Dutchman Essenhaus restaurant for breakfast.

2:00 pm      Owners modification and repair show and tell.
      Host will have their RV open for viewing.
Others are welcome to open their RV's or
participate in the viewing.
4:00 pm      Seminar on Super C maintenance.
6:00 pm      Dinner at a local restaurant of groups choice.

7/18/2010
8:00 am      Goodbyes

We plan on arriving on the 14th and leaving on the 20th. Others have similar plans. We can add or subtract activities and days to the agenda. Lots to do in the area. That will occupy free time. Please contact me if you want changes to this agenda.
Best
Ron Hall

KodiakChassisClassC: Rally

Reply #34
Yahoo Message Number: 4645
Ron the agenda sounds GREAT. We will be coming from Calif. and have heard a lot of good things about the swap meets in Shipshewana, In. on Tues. & Wednesday's. Will try to hit this spot prior to the RALLY.

I have 25 copies of the booklet titled Michelin RV Tires for distribution to all attendees. It is packed with good information applicable to all brands of tires. This booklet can be distributed during one of the seminars.

I have a ONAN Command Center panel in our Seneca. I still do not how how to access all of its features. Here's hoping someone at the RALLY has the programing knowledge to educate me on it's operation.

Is the current list of attendees up to date? Looking forward to July 15th.............russ/claudia hill

Re: KodiakChassisClassC: Rally

Reply #35
Yahoo Message Number: 4654
I also got a lot of literature from various vendors. Just got a box of give-a-ways from Woodall's today. When I attended the FMCA Great Lakes rally over Memorial Day weekend. I hit up every vendor that was available to give me Literature. Not much in goodies but lots of info.
Best
Ron Hall

Reply #36
Yahoo Message Number: 4670
Ron has their been any update on the number of "KODIAK RALLY" attendees, or are we still at 8 rigs. I am in the final process of preparing our rig for the trip. We plan on being gone for 2 months, leaving July 1st and returning to Calif. around Labor Day. The RALLY will be one of the highlights of the vacation. Have a wedding in Port Huron the last week of July and also plan to do Henry Ford Museum and Greenfield Village.

Is Power Gear in the area of the RALLY? Is the agenda the same as published 6-9-10?

Looking forward....................russ hill

Reply #37
Yahoo Message Number: 4671
The total is stuck at 8. When I stop at Elkhart Campground in April they did not have a list of attendees. Just a bunch of reservation. We will be together in same area. Each attendee needs to mention that they are with the group to make sure they get a site with the group.
I have not done anything with Power Gear. I have been so busy with family things I am getting behind. Maybe someone can look up the info and make inquires as to a tour or info from them.
If you do not have a place to stay for your trip to Henry Ford. You can stay at our place during this part of the trip. 50 amps, water and a pump out.
Best
Ron Hall

Reply #38
Yahoo Message Number: 4672
I did a quick search for Power Gear. While they have manuals and FAQ sections on their site. They send you to Jayco for more info on their systems. Not sure how to contact them.
Best
Ron Hall

Reply #39
Yahoo Message Number: 4673
Ron, I just looked at their site and it has sure been changed. When I got my Kodiak I had to call them because the levellers had to be recalibrated. They directed me to the web site to download. I had no problem calling them. Now, nothing at all on the site as to address, phone number, email or anything. Just a fax number. That tells me they must have had a lot of calls with problems that they don't want to field now.

Don

ps. Decided to google "Power Gear Telephone number" and found a PG form with this:

1217 E. 7th Street Mishawaka, IN 46544 Phone: 1-800-334-4712
1-888-339-2539 Fax:574-256-6743

Reply #40
Yahoo Message Number: 4674
Don...I believe you are 100% correct regarding Power Gear. I had a recent problem with my slide and the only way the dealer could contact them was thru their fax. They could not even call them. Their response time was 2 to 4 days upon receipt of fax, plus another 5 days shipping to the west coast. They do not seem to be very customer focused................................russ

Rally

Reply #41
Yahoo Message Number: 4715
Unfortunately a situation has come up and Kathy and I will not be able to attend this one.
We were so looking forward to meeting all of you but it will not happen this time.
Enjoy the time together and hopefully we will be able to make the next one.
Regrets
John & Kathy Meredith

Reply #42
Yahoo Message Number: 4720
Sorry to here you will not make it. Maybe next year
Best
Ron Hall

Reply #43
Yahoo Message Number: 4721
I have been going over my list of Attendees.
Since putting the list together I have gotten 3 cancellations and 1 new sign up. Forgot to take Kevin McCoy off the list from earlier in the spring. Looks like 5 total
5 will be a good start on a rally. Lot of time to get to know each other.
Best
Ron Hall

Reply #44
Yahoo Message Number: 4722
We are still very much looking forward to the Rally. Will be departing California this Thursday 7-1 visiting fiends and relatives on our trek east.
Can't wait............russ

Reply #45
Yahoo Message Number: 4723
We too are looking forward to the rally and leaving from Florida on July 11 would be sooner but my father is having a surprise 92nd birthday party. See you all there
Gary

Reply #47
Yahoo Message Number: 4725
Be sure to wave as you pass our place. I-96 and US-23.
Best
Ron Hall

Re: KodiakChassisClassC: Rally

Reply #49
Yahoo Message Number: 4728
Here is the latest List.
Only one not confirming is Dane.
That is a total of 6.
Best
Ron Hall