Skip to main content
Topic: Info (Read 2284 times) previous topic - next topic

Info

Yahoo Message Number: 3429
Don: I contacted Vinh Le a friend of mine at Jayco and he is willing to set up tours etc if we let him know what we want. I can or you can contact him at  and go from there. Dane

Info

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 5325
Gary and Russ do you remember the name of the dealer? I know it was owned by Richardson RV out of California. Dane

Re: Info

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 5331
, "daneg"  wrote:
Gary and Russ do you remember the name of the dealer? I know it was owned by Richardson RV out of California. Dane

The JAYCO dealer was: INDIANA RV Connection Attn. John
Richardsons
503 N. Main St.
Middlebury, In. 46540
(574) 825-9990
Hope this helps.............russ

Info

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 5998
Any of the group north bound on Az 179 towards Sedona yesterday, we were in our car heading south at the time. Today heading for Quartzsite.

As always travel safe and enjoy.

Info

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 6255
Gary if you buy a tuner make sure you get one that is specifically for your engine. Not all Durmax are the same. My PPE gave me excellent horsepower but no more MPG. I am understanding if you want the best of both worlds you need to remove the smog and do some work on the exhaust. There is a place near WACO that my son deals with that does this type of work for about 800 and he says they guarantee another 5 mpg and much better power. Ron comments as I know you have done some work in this area. Dane

Info

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 6296
Ron is there any good fishing around the Kerrville area? I am contemplating bringing my boat but no need if there is none close. Dane

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 6309

Dane

I live in the San Antonio area. The closest lake is Medina. about 60 miles south of Kerrville.

Bob

Reply #9
Yahoo Message Number: 6310
Thanks to all for the fishing info believe I will leave the boat at home. Dane

Info

Reply #10
Yahoo Message Number: 6619
I am at Middlebury, In at factory however it has been contracted out to a company who specializes in slide repair and understand he has an excellent reputation. Dane

Info

Reply #11
Yahoo Message Number: 6627
Just returned Middlebury having the slides fixed. The did a superb job if it will hold. Both slides were readjusted to fix out of alignment and popping issues. Then the stripes were out of line so went to paint to fix those issues and also got touchup pain.

I will tell you that Troy Boontrager has a great repair facility and is reasonable as well. He worked at Jayco for over 10 years and does everything in the repair area as well as new interiors. I highly recommend him.

The new Seneca should be out in May or June and are testing along with the manfacuring process now. Hope everyone had a chance to view the pic we posted.

Hope do not have to make that trip again in the near future. Diesel here is 2.65 and was 4.19 there in many places. Tennessee was the best price on the road at 3.39 at one place.

Dane

Reply #12
Yahoo Message Number: 6628
Duane, to get diesel at the price you must be filling up at a farmer's private supply of non-tax paid fuel. :)

BTW - is it Boontrager or Bontrager. Sounds to me like he was part of the family that owns Jayco. Do you know if that is the case?

Glad they got you fixed up and hope you don't have to go back. Did you stay in the MH each night or did they spring for a hotel like they did for us in 2008?

Don

Reply #13
Yahoo Message Number: 6631
Don I had an Army buddy in the area we stayed with. It is Bontrager and may be related but do not think so. He is really good. Diesel Ha I am a farmer (smile) Dane

Reply #14
Yahoo Message Number: 6632
Dane: Diesel @ $2.65/gal. Was that a typo? Diesel in Calif. is currently around $4.39 to $4.49/gal........russ

Reply #15
Yahoo Message Number: 6633
Bontrager up there is like Smith in other parts of the country. The surplus company in White Pigeon is also Bontrager and no realtion.

Dave Sparke

Reply #16
Yahoo Message Number: 6634
Hi

Leaving Texas on Tuesday. Deisel here in Mission is $3.79. Planning on going home via Califonia and not looking forward to those kind of prices.

John

Reply #17
Yahoo Message Number: 6635
John
If you think the fuel price is high in Cal. Do not buy fuel in Washington.

Best
Ron Hall

Reply #18
Yahoo Message Number: 6636
We have no choice we have to go through Wash. Oh. well add a few more dollars to the fuel bill. Probably still cheaper than in B.C.

Reply #19
Yahoo Message Number: 6637
If you are taking I-10. Wave as you go by east side of Phoenix. We are still in Mesa until next Monday.
Did you get the wire fixed on your brake controller?
Best
Ron Hall

Reply #20
Yahoo Message Number: 6640
Where in Mesa are you staying. We are planning to be there either on Saturday or Sunday depending on the "Caves at Sonora". We are planning on staying at Valle de Ore on S Ellsworth. Maybe we can hook up for lunch or supper.

Reply #21
Yahoo Message Number: 6641
We are staying a Higley and University. Sun Life RV Resort. It,s a Passport American park.
Let us know what your plans are.
We may be able to meet again.
Best
Ron Hall

Reply #22
Yahoo Message Number: 6653
Hey we are in Mesa, actually Gilbert. We are leaving for St. George in the am. Diesel here is 3.89 to 4.00 bucks depending where you fillip.
Denny

Reply #23
Yahoo Message Number: 6655
What app do you use to find cheap fuel.. We use a couple and have found that we can save about .20 a gallon.

Reply #26
Yahoo Message Number: 6658
We are also in Mesa. Fuel is $3.79 to $3.89. Got to watch. Many of the stations do not have enough room to get a MH and toad in and out.
Best
Ron Hall

Reply #27
Yahoo Message Number: 6659
After having a close call and blocking and tying up the pumps at a station with a 40ft DP towing a Colorado, we virtually restricted ourselves to Flying J's and Pilots.

I have the Pilot app on my iPad and it pinpoints our location and shows every Pilot and FJ for 500 miles.

Don

Reply #28
Yahoo Message Number: 6664

Just drove FL to RI, and the prices ranged from $3.74 to $4.24. The highest price seemed limited to CT, the average hovered around $3.89.

Info

Reply #29
Yahoo Message Number: 6769
All, I recently ran across someone who sells parts for Kodiak very reasonable. I bought several things to include fuel filter. His name is Bruce and his e-mail is . He is sending me his card with contact info ie phone in the package and will also send on when I receive. He states he can get anything you need for the Kodiak and any year. Dane

Info

Reply #30
Yahoo Message Number: 7278
We left upper Michigan on a flying trip to southhamption, mass to p/u a truck bought on eBay. The interstates in New York state are the worst we have ever seen with large holes. Knocked my hot water heater pipe loose and flooded bedroom. We saw two Senecas in the UP around lake Michigan do not know if in group. On to Maine from Mass.

Reply #31
Yahoo Message Number: 7279
It's not just New York, had our hot water line loosen up while going through Indiana/Illinois. Water pump was inadvertently left on and we also had a wet carpet. We also occasionally have problems with the water connections for the kitchen slide out loosening up. Sometimes I really think JAYCO engineers got their degrees from a Cracker Jacks box. Too many STUPID things, why have connections that are destined to leak, when the solution is obvious and would cost them less money? ? ? ? ??

Reply #32
Yahoo Message Number: 7280
Well, actually, they have the same quality control team as all the others. Their names are Larry, Curly and Moe.

Don

Reply #33
Yahoo Message Number: 7281
It's not QC, since all they can do is make sure what is shown on the drawings is correct, it is much higher up..Why use two female fittings connected by a double male nipple when one male and one female fitting would do the same thing and eliminate a second possible leak point. Besides, you wouldn't have to buy and install the nipple!

Dave Sparke

Reply #34
Yahoo Message Number: 7282
In that regard, yes, but we still had a lot of assembly items that were just plain sloppy and required correction. Same with our two DPs. They must think we have all the time in the world to travel miles and miles to dealers for these fixes and leave our MH's with the dealers for weeks. That is why with Jayco we decided to have everything done at the factory service centre and I have to say that they were really good. We were always in and out in no time. Even when the fridge door fell off at the rally it was great that the following Monday they were able to get a door and install it so quickly.

Getting back to design, one of the best dumb things I saw was with a Triple E DP - it had the outside shower located under the slide. Impossible to use unless you were down on your knees and bent over as well. I sure wish the execs at the factories would take their products out and use them - not just overnight but for weeks.

Don

ps. When are you heading to FW in Oct?

Reply #35
Yahoo Message Number: 7283
The Fort trip has changed. Going down end of Aug for the Labor Day Cruise on the Disney Dream, then staying at the Fort till the 18th of Sept.. Will then spend sometime in FL before heading to Alabama around the 5th of Oct and then on to Denver around the 10th. Middle daughter decided to" throw a wrench in the works" and have a baby around Oct 20th. (she just moved from Chicago to Denver 2 weeks ago). We are on our way home from Denver right now.

Dave Sparke

Reply #36
Yahoo Message Number: 7284
Perfectly logical explanation in that I'd put up with that minor inconvenience for a third grandchild if that were possible.

If you get down again during the winter let us make sure we book a dinner again like last year (including Gary and Sheryl of course).

Don

Info

Reply #38
Yahoo Message Number: 7564
Hope all fared well that were in Irene's path. We are back in Goshen fir the door replacement that was damaged when repairing the slides. Hope to be out by Friday.