Skip to main content
Topic: Travelin' With Critters... (Read 1991 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Travelin' With Critters...

Reply #25
Yahoo Message Number: 3539

Thanks Lou, it appears these things are working very differently even within the same manufacturing line.

Reply #26
Yahoo Message Number: 3540
I have the Jayco Seneca. This is my proceedure. Parking brake set. The panel will not have power to operate unless the brake is set. #1 slides out. #2 key on eng. off. #3 control panel on and lights test. #4 level fore and aft. #5 level side to side. To retract. Brake set. Key on eng off. panel armed. hit retract button. Wait for jacks down light to go out. Turn panel off. Key off. I don't have to have the eng running. Retract slides. Just for kicks has anyone put their slides out after they have leveled up? I'l bet that for some it wasn't pretty. Just sayin.
Denny

To: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tue, January 12, 2010 1:55:07 PM
Subject: Re: [KodiakChassisClassC] Re: Travelin' With Critters...

...and you also have a four winds product don't you Denny? I would think they would all have similar interlocks. Mine is a 2007 box on 2006 C5500 chassis. I think I may have a relay/interlock issue, and I do not have to apply the parking brake. If I do turn the key to ignwith the jacks down, I do get the warning beep, so at least the portion of the system looking at the jacks works, but nothing happens or prevents me from starting.

Roger

In a message dated 1/12/2010 1:17:02 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, dbrford43@yahoo. com writes:

Reply #28
Yahoo Message Number: 3542
My slides work alot smoother if I deploy them first. If they are in the locked out position they isn't a chance in my opinion that they will be twisted in some way. I always park on as even of ground as I can. My kitchen slide will rub on the aft wall trim if I deploy them last. I don't know why the eng has to be running to work the jacks. Maybe to not take the top charge of the battery. Never have had the eng running.
Denny

Sent: Tue, January 12, 2010 11:05:49 PM
Subject: Re: [KodiakChassisClassC] Re: Travelin' With Critters...

In a message dated 1/12/2010 9:47:37 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, dbrford43@yahoo. com writes:

Reply #29
Yahoo Message Number: 3543
yeah, the manual does say level first and then slides out. I have been doing the other way around, I still use blocks under wheels on a occasion (old TT habit) and then slides out and then levelers (which I use more as stabilizers than levelers), the reason I am doing this way is, if I put the levelers down first when I push the slide out (the big one) a screeching noise will sound very loud, doing this way I do no noise.

The reason we are advised of doing this with the ignition on, is because both slide and levelers are wired on the truck battery not on the house's, it was like that on my minnie winnie and it is on the seneca as well.
thanks
Mo

Reply #30
Yahoo Message Number: 3544
GS manual calls for leveling first. Then put slides out. Always have to touch up side to side level after big front slide is put out.

Reply #31
Yahoo Message Number: 3545
If I don't level the 35GS first I have had the trim on the slide catch on the fridge cabinet even if slightly off level.
My coach also has stickers by the slide controls that say "level first".

Dave Sparke

Reply #32
Yahoo Message Number: 3602
the Equalizer jacks should only operate with no key in the ignition. Also the animal would have to switch on the jacks then the up/down buttons.

If you do turn off the power, the system will alarm. Mine does anyway all the time as one of the sensors seems to be bad.

Lost of trouibleshooting with the Equalizer system so far......I will post the whole thing and the findings when I get there.

Sent: Tue, January 12, 2010 2:47:50 PM
Subject: [KodiakChassisClassC] Re: Travelin' With Critters...

I have a Four Winds also with the Equalizer jacks and they will operate
without the key in the ignition at all. And our dog will happily step
on them and move the jacks up and down. One time even when I turned the
power off and he turned it back on. Fortunately, he only steps on them
when I have stepped out of the RV and he wants to watch me.

David