Skip to main content
Topic: Head Lights (Read 764 times) previous topic - next topic

Head Lights

Yahoo Message Number: 3605
Hi folks,

Any suggestions would be welcome and appreciatted as far as how to, where to, what to, do regarding replacing improving adding better lights.
I drive quite a bit in the dark and when it rains it is really worse.

Mounting extra lights on the bumper would be fine, but not sure it can be done since the hood opens up that way.

anyhow, would like to hear suggestion.
thanks so much
Mo

Re: Head Lights

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 3606
If you have the 4 light setup, the lows are 4656 and should also work when they are turned to high. If so, I'd order a 4656 to H4 lens conversion kit so you can get 55-60W lows and 60-65W highs in something like the Sylvania Silverstar lights. This will replace the sealed bulb with a new reflector lens and bulb setup. You'll either have to find a local person to order the conversion kit, or search on-line for the conversion kit - They are about $50 a light w/o the bulb, but worth it.

Even if you don't want to do the conversion kit which is pretty easy, the silverstar lights are brighter than normal halogen and can be gotten at any auto parts store and you can get all 4 lights.

When you replace the lights, the front around the lights comes off pretty easy and makes aiming and replacing the bulb easier. Just need to get a star screw driver bit.

The other problem I found was the lights were not aimed correctly when the coach is pretty level. Just getting the lights re-aimed will improve the 45W low beams. Re-aiming is pretty easy if you use a vehicle with similar headlight heights parked next to each other on level ground about 4-10' away from a wall at night.

I just redid them this christmas and it makes a difference getting the lights aimed right and somthing brighter than standard halogen.

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 3610
I replaced mine with the Sylvania Silverstar lights and re-aimed them. BIG difference and easy to do.

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 3654
I was going to do the same - install some replacement headlights, but simply getting them correctly aimed helped a tremendous amount.

To: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Mon, January 25, 2010 6:31:56 AM
Subject: [KodiakChassisClassC] Head Lights

Hi folks,

Any suggestions would be welcome and appreciatted as far as how to, where to, what to, do regarding replacing improving adding better lights.
I drive quite a bit in the dark and when it rains it is really worse.

Mounting extra lights on the bumper would be fine, but not sure it can be done since the hood opens up that way.

anyhow, would like to hear suggestion.
thanks so much
Mo

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 3655
What did use for a pattern for adjusting your headlights?

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 3656
When I went in for the recall the dealer checked the alignment and said they were way out. Haven't driven at night yet but I'm hoping that was the problem as well!

Dave Sparke

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 3657
I'd be interested in seeing the headlight adjustment pattern too. Bill