Skip to main content
Topic: Seneca-water filter use (Read 651 times) previous topic - next topic

Seneca-water filter use

Yahoo Message Number: 3620
Hi,

Does anyone know if the water filter (on my 36 MS) is under the kitchen sink, is used to filter water that comes out of the kitchen faucet only? or filters the water for all faucets?
I am under the impression it works only for the kitchen faucet.
The reason is: it is a pain in the neck to take out and back in due to tight spot and reach, when we winterize the unit, we suppose to take that out. If the only function is to filter kitchen water, I really do not need it, so I guess I can leave it out and if concerned but a filter on the water inlet eventually.
thanks
Mo

Re: Seneca-water filter use

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 3621
Kitchen only
Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone with SprintSpeed

Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2010 14:20:56 -0000
To:
Subject: [KodiakChassisClassC] Seneca-water filter use

Hi,

Does anyone know if the water filter (on my 36 MS) is under the kitchen sink, is used to filter water that comes out of the kitchen faucet only? or filters the water for all faucets?
 The reason is: it is a pain in the neck to take out and back in due to tight spot and reach, when we winterize the unit, we suppose to take that out. If the only function is to filter kitchen water, I really do not need it, so I guess I can leave it out and if concerned but a filter on the water inlet eventually.
 thanks
 Mo

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 3622
Water filter can be accessed behind the sink thru the side cabinet door next to the stair well.

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 3624
I never put mine in. We have in in-line filter in the utility compartment and a "Brita" on the kitchen faucet.makes life alot easier.

Dave Sparke

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 3625
Attachments :

I have focused on filtering as water comes in. With proper sanitization this has not been a problem for us. I removed the filter and bypass and now direct connect to our new faucet. The old faucet was a PITA.

New simple faucet

After fixing it enough times I can no longer count - I went to this simple faucet that was rated 5 stars vs 2 stars for the old spritzer model.

Kevin

center
    From: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com [mailto: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com ] On Behalf Of agilityaussies64
    Sent: Thursday, January 28, 2010 8:21 AM
    To: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
    Subject: [KodiakChassisClassC] Seneca-water filter use

Hi,

thanks
    Mo