Skip to main content
Topic: Carpet protection (Read 591 times) previous topic - next topic

Carpet protection

Yahoo Message Number: 3634
Hi all,

I know I know, camping and carpet do not go along very well, and I am sure everyone has an experience.

I was at home depot, and saw those plastic films to put on carpet (you see those on new RVs, houses etc...) sticks to the carpet, it says for temporary use.

Wonder if we can leave little longer, how long not sure, and wonder if the slide would go over with no problem.

I also see some other runners that could work, if I could leave in place and run the slide over would be best, if I have to roll it it is ok, but than I guess the rubber one would be easier than the carpet type.
Does anyone have done that?

Another option would be rip the carpet if underneath there is vinyl, not sure though if that is the case.

ps. wish would have bought no carpet in the first place....
thank you all, as always this group is great.
Mo

Re: Carpet protection

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 3635
Not exactly what you are looking for - but a couple of things we have done to reduce the issue:
1)We have a lot of extra bath mats, we place them at the door and at the entrance to the dogs hutches. (We have three)
2)We have inside and outside shoes. So basically when we move in and out then we trade shoes at the shoe bin - slip ons are best. (We removed the captains chair at the front door)
3)We use a door mat below the entry steps, and we have installed step rugs on the entry steps. This year we started using Ruggids Step Rug - 23" that seem to catch the dirt better.
This has worked for us, and we just admit that we are going to have to trade out the carpet periodically. Also no slide out issues etc.
Kevin - Roscoe Ventura 2006 Jayco HD 34 SS (Diesel) - Toad 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited.

center
From: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of agilityaussies64
Sent: Monday, February 01, 2010 1:04 PM
To: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [KodiakChassisClassC] Carpet protection

Hi all,

I know I know, camping and carpet do not go along very well, and I am sure everyone has an experience.

I was at home depot, and saw those plastic films to put on carpet (you see those on new RVs, houses etc...) sticks to the carpet, it says for temporary use.

Wonder if we can leave little longer, how long not sure, and wonder if the slide would go over with no problem.

I also see some other runners that could work, if I could leave in place and run the slide over would be best, if I have to roll it it is ok, but than I guess the rubber one would be easier than the carpet type.
Does anyone have done that?

Another option would be rip the carpet if underneath there is vinyl, not sure though if that is the case.

ps. wish would have bought no carpet in the first place....
thank you all, as always this group is great.
Mo

Re: Carpet protection

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 3636
Our carpeting is over 5 years old. Keeping it clean has been a problem, We vacuum as needed with our built in vacuum. Use a Dyson allergy model vacuum as often as possible when home. We do a deep cleaning with a heavy duty carpet cleaner every year. We do the shoes off and slippers on when in the MH.
In previous years we put carpets down over all the living area. But this year we are just using runners on the vinyl flooring. One of my future projects is to replace all the carpets with vinyl flooring. DW has not given her approval for this project yet.