Skip to main content
Topic: Getting to coach battery (Read 1038 times) previous topic - next topic

Getting to coach battery

Yahoo Message Number: 3755

Could someone tell me how I get at the coach battery in my 32SS. I can see that its on a tray under the passanger side steps that slides out, but I can't figure out how to slide the tray out. The Kodiak manual explains nothing.

Thanks

Brent

Re: Getting to coach battery

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 3756
Attachments :

Brent - You mean the Chassis Battery? Here is a picture "borrowed" from Craig Davis - K
    Note the added arrow, and two bolts residing on the stair.

center
    From: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com [mailto: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com ] On Behalf Of Brent Bautel
    Sent: Monday, March 08, 2010 6:34 AM
    To: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
    Subject: [KodiakChassisClassC] Getting to coach battery

Could someone tell me how I get at the coach battery in my 32SS. I can see that its on a tray under the passanger side steps that slides out, but I can't figure out how to slide the tray out. The Kodiak manual explains nothing.

Thanks

Brent

Reply #2
    Yahoo Message Number: 3757
    Nice picture from Craig and Kevin. Not sure what the bolt is in picture. Notice the 2 bolts setting on step to rear of picture. Here are links to drawings from the GM Maintenance Manual. Looks like the same location in picture.

http://s35.photobucket.com/albums/d172/ronjhall/GS%202004%20Endura%206340/?action=view¤t=batterybox1.gif&newest=1
    http://s35.photobucket.com/albums/d172/ronjhall/GS%202004%20Endura%206340/?action=view¤t=batterybox.gif&newest=1

Reply #3
    Yahoo Message Number: 3758

Sorry, I did mean the chasis battery. Thanks for the picture and the diagrams. That will work. I didn't see those bolts, Thanks for the help.

Brent

Battery

Reply #4
    Yahoo Message Number: 3885
    Thanks to all for the info. Leaning towards the 6v ones to get longer use. On way down to Texas in December we hit some cold weather and in the morning the 12v ones were real low and the furnace fan was struggling, hope the 6v will solve the problem. See you in July.

John Meredith

Looking for the perfect gift? Give the gift of Flickr!

Battery

Reply #5
    Yahoo Message Number: 5933
    Sitting in Jackpot Nev. on a day of rest. Came through some nasty weather but all ok. Replaced our 12v. batteries with 6v ones and what a difference. Able to go through the night with cold weather (in the teens) and in the am furnace still running with lots of juice left.

Re: Battery

Reply #6
    Yahoo Message Number: 5934
    Where did you get your 6 volt batteries at.
    Best
    Ron Hall

Reply #7
    Yahoo Message Number: 5936
    I got mine frothe golf cart store. US Battery and Trojan are the main manufacturers.

Sent: December 05, 2010 12:11 PM
    Subject: [KodiakChassisClassC] Re: Battery

Best
    Ron Hall

Reply #8
    Yahoo Message Number: 5959
    Got them at Camping World in Bellingham Washington. Sorry for delay but have been on the road. Will be in Williams Arizona tonight to take the train into the Grand Canyon and will get up in e-mails

As always travel safe and enjoy
    . .

Sent: Sun, December 5, 2010 12:11:14 PM

Best
    Ron Hall

Reply #9
    Yahoo Message Number: 5974
    You will enjoy the ride on the train to the canyon, Did that last year

Reply #10
    Yahoo Message Number: 5991
    My Camping World only had the crappiest batteries on the planet. That is when I went to the golf cart store.

Sent: Dec 7, 2010 12:58 PM
    To:
    Subject: Re: [KodiakChassisClassC] Re: Battery

Got them at Camping World in Bellingham Washington. Sorry for delay but have
    been on the road. Will be in Williams Arizona tonight to take the train into
    the Grand Canyon and will get up in e-mails

As always travel safe and enjoy
    . .

__
    To:
    Sent: Sun, December 5, 2010 12:11:14 PM

Best
    Ron Hall

Battery

Reply #11
    Yahoo Message Number: 9610
    Which set of batteries serve to start the generator? I went to leave a campground today and my generator would not start. I decided to try starting the Seneca's engine and give it another shot and sure enough the generator fired up. We drove home (2 hour ride with generator on) put the slides out to unload and killed the generator. When we finished unloading I went to put the slides in (generator is still off) and the slide wouldn't come in, lights blinked when I tried. Tried to start the generator again to power up and again no power to fire up the generator. So back to square one...start coach engine, then start generator, then bring slide out back in.
    Given this sequence, I would say the house batteries have gone bad, but I dint know the Seneca's engine even provided power to the generator for starting. In the past when my house battery died I put a charger on them until I could get the generator started again, I guess I could have just started the engine.

So bad coach batteries?

Reply #12
    Yahoo Message Number: 9611
    My generator starts off the house/coach batteries. If house batteries are low I start the chassis engine. After a few seconds the chassis batteries are connected to the house batteries. Yours is probably similar.
    If your house batteries are not being charged you may have not been charging the batteries. Check your converter and the circuit breaker that feeds 120 volt to it. If that does not solve problem you may have a bad battery/s on the house side.
    Best
    Ron Hall

Reply #13
    Yahoo Message Number: 9612
    You may not have charge going to the house batteries however the slides are powered by the truck batteries, I had similar problem and jayco recommended to push and pull slides and stabilizers always with truck engine running, that was also true on my previous Winnebago.

You may have a short somewhere
    Mo