Skip to main content
Topic: Fresh water tank question (Read 600 times) previous topic - next topic

Fresh water tank question

Yahoo Message Number: 3881
Hi,

I had a short weekend trip this past weekend, I filled up only partially with fresh water, it was enough for 2 showers and few flushes, and I know the inside gages are not all that reliable.
It did show 1/3 before I left and when I got there.
Question is, does anyone know if the fresh water tank is a shallow one or more 'box" type? also is it possible I lost water during the drive due to the overflow valve? I do not know where the tank in on the 36 MS Seneca, I can see all the black and gray tanks but can not see the fresh water one.
Thanks bunch
Mo

Re: Fresh water tank question

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 3882
I have to say I simply don't trust ANY of our gauges. Last summer we showed 1/3 or a tank of fresh (we don't drink it just shower) and suddenly when in the shower - EMPTY.

Our black tank can show full and I shut off the water, flush and look down with a flashlight and - HALF full at best. Grey - well, never sure about it either.

What bothers me about the black tank is that is is shallow and very wide. I was watching a TV problem a couple of years ago and they showed a top line Winnie being built. I shuddered when I saw the shape of the tanks they were installing - very shallow. No one would make an "outhouse" like that so whey they do our black tanks like that can only be, I think, an attempt at weight balance.

Don

Re: Fresh water tank question

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 3896
Since it is the same capacity as the 35 GS I'm willing to bet it is the same tank. Mine is about 8" to 10" x 4'x5' +/- ..In our unit is it the compartment under the bed slide and can be accessed from the passenger side.

Dave Sparke