Skip to main content
Topic: Vehicle Identification Number (Read 594 times) previous topic - next topic

Vehicle Identification Number

Yahoo Message Number: 4130
The VIN on my 'Service Parts Identification' label (located above the driver's sun visor)is different from the VIN on the vehicle door jam placard, Motorhome Weight Information placard, sale & registration documents.

Anyone else find this discrpancy?

2007 JAYCO Seneca 35 GS

Re: Vehicle Identification Number

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 4132
The VIN # on a label on driver side windshield is the one that matters. It can be viewed from outside looking down toward dash and steering wheel.
My title does not match the VIN #. The state employee that transferred all the data from the paper work left out one number and made a V a U. This has saved me over $300 a year in registration fees. Will have to fix it someday when I sell the MH.

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 4169

To: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Sat, March 27, 2010 8:43:34 PM
Subject: [KodiakChassisClassC] Re: Vehicle Identification Number

The VIN # on a label on driver side windshield is the one that matters. It can be viewed from outside looking down toward dash and steering wheel.
My title does not match the VIN #. The state employee that transferred all the data from the paper work left out one number and made a V a U. This has saved me over $300 a year in registration fees. Will have to fix it someday when I sell the MH.

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 4170
I think you would be better off contacting Jayco about the number discrepancy. It will be an issue that they will probably have to be involved to get it corrected.

Dave Sparke

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 4172

To: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tue, March 30, 2010 10:47:19 PM
Subject: Re: [KodiakChassisClassC] Re: Vehicle Identification Number

I think you would be better off contacting Jayco about the number discrepancy. It will be an issue that they will probably have to be involved to get it corrected.

Dave Sparke

I contacted Ivy Arndt at McCormick Motors Customer Service and she confirmed that the VIN # on the label is incorrect although it was for another chassis sold to Jayco. Looks like they got mixed at GM. In the past they could request a new label but since the productuon plant was closed on 7/29/09 this is no longer possible. She will provide the GM vehicle build with the RPO codes.

Barry

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 4426
, "Barry"  wrote:
The VIN on my 'Service Parts Identification' label (located above the driver's sun visor)is different from the VIN on the vehicle door jam placard, Motorhome Weight Information placard, sale & registration documents.

Anyone else find this discrpancy?

2007 JAYCO Seneca 35 GS

Yes mine is different also. I think they got the headliners mixed up when they had them off. I have an 07 35GS so maybe you have mine and I have yours. LOL