Skip to main content
Topic: 2006 GS 6316 Cabinet Stain? (Read 897 times) previous topic - next topic

2006 GS 6316 Cabinet Stain?

Yahoo Message Number: 4476

I'm doing a little customizing of some of the cabinetry in my 2006 Gulfstream 6316 Super C. Does anyone know what stain is used to get a match with the factory cabinets?

Thanks,

Russ W.
Kemah, TX

Re: 2006 GS 6316 Cabinet Stain?

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 4477
Attachments :

We had good luck with this Golden Oak Stain from Miniwax

But that was for our Seneca, and your finish was possibly different. Maybe this photo will help.

Of course most of this got covered up by the Flat screen TV, but given the wood difference (Birch) etc, it was pretty good I thought.

Hope that helps.

Kevin - Austin TX

Kevin (Real) McCoy [KF5FUZ / WQJE447]
    ("Roscoe Ventura" Jayco Seneca HD SS 34 Diesel 2006; "Toad" Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2007)

center
    From: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com [mailto: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com ] On Behalf Of Russ Williams
    Sent: Sunday, May 16, 2010 7:05 PM
    To: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
    Subject: [KodiakChassisClassC] 2006 GS 6316 Cabinet Stain?

I'm doing a little customizing of some of the cabinetry in my 2006 Gulfstream 6316 Super C. Does anyone know what stain is used to get a match with the factory cabinets?

Thanks,

Russ W.

Kemah , TX

Reply #3
    Yahoo Message Number: 4479
    Attachments :

Kevin,

Saw your post.  Do you have the manual for the thermostat shown in your photo?

Thanks!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre

Kevin (Real) McCoy wrote:

We had good luck with this Golden Oak Stain from Miniwax

But that was for our Seneca, and your finish was possibly different.  Maybe this photo will help.

Of course most of this got covered up by the Flat screen TV, but given the wood difference (Birch) etc, it was pretty good I thought. 

Hope that helps.

Kevin - Austin TX

("Roscoe Ventura" Jayco Seneca HD SS 34 Diesel 2006; "Toad" Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2007)

center
      From: KodiakChassisClassC @yahoogroups. com [mailto: KodiakChassisClassC @yahoogroups. com ] On Behalf Of Russ Williams
      Sent: Sunday, May 16, 2010 7:05 PM
      To: KodiakChassisClassC @yahoogroups. com
      Subject: [KodiakChassisClass C] 2006 GS 6316 Cabinet Stain?

Thanks,

Russ W.

Kemah , TX

Reply #4
      Yahoo Message Number: 4480
      Mike,
      Pretty sure I do. Hard copy is in my file box at Roscoe Ventura. I do not have anything electronic, but maybe with a part number we can get that uploaded to the files section. (http://www.rvcomfort.com/rvp/about.php )
      I got to tell you that is a replacement. Somewhere - maybe Council Bluffs Iowa - I finally realized that it was periodically turning itself on. I know now that it was acting up for a while, but did not totally understand what had happened until Iowa . Very strange. So I replaced it with one I picked up at an RV place. The only one they had was kind of fancy - a remote control and everything. Please, just what I needed was another remote control ;-) ....So that was quickly relegated to the top drawer where pencils procreate. After replacement I have had no issues.
      My next rendezvous with Roscoe is Tuesday afternoon. If my Alzheimer's is in remission I will try and grab it.
      P.S. I think it may be possible to have been overkill to replace - possibly just a wiring issue that was brute force solved by just installing the new one, but I just was not willing to fuss with it. And for whatever reason, the new thermostat has been a champ. I hate intermittent problems!

center
      From: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com [mailto: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com ] On Behalf Of Mike Sullivan
      Sent: Monday, May 17, 2010 7:53 AM
      Subject: RE: [KodiakChassisClassC] 2006 GS 6316 Cabinet Stain?

Kevin ,

Saw your post. Do you have the manual for the thermostat shown in your photo?

Thanks!

Reply #5
      Yahoo Message Number: 4481
      Hi Kevin,

I need the manual to understand the modes of the thermostat.  I too have 'had' the intermitant AC/heat turn-on and finally settled on the cause was probably fixed by setting the 'delay' setting to zero and ensuring the thermo was 'off'.  Can't swear the name of the control and since the rig is storage at the CG can't check.

When you have a chance send me the pdf.

Mike (KC2KJ)

-- Sent from my Palm Pre

Mike,
        Pretty sure I do. Hard copy is in my file box at Roscoe Ventura. I do not have anything electronic, but maybe with a part number we can get that uploaded to the files section. (http://www.rvcomfor t.com/rvp/ about.php
        I got to tell you that is a replacement. Somewhere - maybe Council Bluffs Iowa -  I finally realized that it was periodically turning itself on. I know now that it was acting up for a while, but did not totally understand what had happened until Iowa .  Very strange. So I replaced it with one I picked up at an RV place.  The only one they had was kind of fancy - a remote control and everything.  Please, just what I needed was another remote control ;-) ....So that was quickly relegated to the top drawer where pencils procreate. After replacement I have had no issues.
        My next rendezvous with Roscoe is Tuesday afternoon.  If my Alzheimer's is in remission I will try and grab it.
      P.S. I think it may be possible to have been overkill to replace - possibly just a wiring issue that was brute force solved by just installing the new one, but I just was not willing to fuss with it.  And for whatever reason, the new thermostat has been a champ.  I hate intermittent problems!

center
      From: KodiakChassisClassC @yahoogroups. com [mailto: KodiakChassisClassC @yahoogroups. com ] On Behalf Of Mike Sullivan
      Subject: RE: [KodiakChassisClass C] 2006 GS 6316 Cabinet Stain?

Kevin ,

Thanks!

Reply #7
      Yahoo Message Number: 4487

It's not the oak interior... I'm not sure what to say it is. It's darker than oak and has a reddish tint. I've tried a couple of the Minwax colors... red oak and cherry... neither flavor gets very close to the original. Attached photo may help...

Thanks - Russ

Reply #8
      Yahoo Message Number: 4488
      (Seneca)

the wood is maple, the stain is minwax, 1/3 red oak 2/3 golden oak

don

RVP Thermostat

Reply #9
      Yahoo Message Number: 4534
      Mike

I have posted the pdf for the RVP Thermostat with the remote control in the files section of the group. It is under the Air and Heat folder.

As Billy was trying to tell us it is in the installation section of the Airxcel / RVP web page.

I may be web challenged because I could only find it when I had the hard copy in my hand! Here is what I think is the correct version for the thermostat I am using: http://www.rvcomfort.com/pdf_documents/1976410_copy.pdf

The last page of the document shows the modes.

Your model may be different, in which case you may have to follow Billy's advice and go to http://www.rvcomfort.com/rvp/tech_info/installation.php and look up your version under the link "Wall Thermostats".

I hope that helps.

center
      From: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com [mailto: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com ] On Behalf Of Mike Sullivan
      Sent: Monday, May 17, 2010 10:44 AM
      Subject: RE: [KodiakChassisClassC] 2006 GS 6316 Cabinet Stain?

Hi Kevin ,

I need the manual to understand the modes of the thermostat. I too have 'had' the intermitant AC/heat turn-on and finally settled on the cause was probably fixed by setting the 'delay' setting to zero and ensuring the thermo was 'off'. Can't swear the name of the control and since the rig is storage at the CG can't check.

Mike (KC2KJ)

-- Sent from my Palm Pre

Mike,
      Pretty sure I do. Hard copy is in my file box at Roscoe Ventura. I do not have anything electronic, but maybe with a part number we can get that uploaded to the files section. (http://www.rvcomfor t.com/rvp/ about.php )
      I got to tell you that is a replacement. Somewhere - maybe Council Bluffs Iowa - I finally realized that it was periodically turning itself on. I know now that it was acting up for a while, but did not totally understand what had happened until Iowa . Very strange. So I replaced it with one I picked up at an RV place. The only one they had was kind of fancy - a remote control and everything. Please, just what I needed was another remote control ;-) ....So that was quickly relegated to the top drawer where pencils procreate. After replacement I have had no issues.
      My next rendezvous with Roscoe is Tuesday afternoon. If my Alzheimer's is in remission I will try and grab it.
      P.S. I think it may be possible to have been overkill to replace - possibly just a wiring issue that was brute force solved by just installing the new one, but I just was not willing to fuss with it. And for whatever reason, the new thermostat has been a champ. I hate intermittent problems!

center
      From: KodiakChassisClassC @yahoogroups. com [mailto: KodiakChassisClassC @yahoogroups. com ] On Behalf Of Mike Sullivan

Kevin,

Thanks!

Re: RVP Thermostat

Reply #10
      Yahoo Message Number: 4541
      Thanks a lot Kevin.  I hope  it describes the timer function.

Mike

-- Sent from my Palm Pre

Mike

I have posted the pdf for the RVP Thermostat with the remote control in the files section of the group. It is under the Air and Heat folder.

As Billy was trying to tell us it is in the installation section of the Airxcel / RVP web page.

I may be web challenged because I could only find it when I had the hard copy in my hand! Here is what I think is the correct version for the thermostat I am using: http://www.rvcomfor t.com/pdf_ documents/ 1976410_copy. pdf

Your model may be different, in which case you may have to follow Billy's advice and go to http://www.rvcomfor t.com/rvp/ tech_info/ installation. php and look up your version under the link "Wall Thermostats".

I hope that helps.

center

Hi Kevin ,

I need the manual to understand the modes of the thermostat.  I too have 'had' the intermitant AC/heat turn-on and finally settled on the cause was probably fixed by setting the 'delay' setting to zero and ensuring the thermo was 'off'.  Can't swear the name of the control and since the rig is storage at the CG can't check.

Mike (KC2KJ)

-- Sent from my Palm Pre

Mike,
        Pretty sure I do. Hard copy is in my file box at Roscoe Ventura. I do not have anything electronic, but maybe with a part number we can get that uploaded to the files section. (http://www.rvcomfor t.com/rvp/ about.php
        I got to tell you that is a replacement. Somewhere - maybe Council Bluffs Iowa -  I finally realized that it was periodically turning itself on. I know now that it was acting up for a while, but did not totally understand what had happened until Iowa .  Very strange. So I replaced it with one I picked up at an RV place.  The only one they had was kind of fancy - a remote control and everything.  Please, just what I needed was another remote control ;-) ....So that was quickly relegated to the top drawer where pencils procreate. After replacement I have had no issues.
        My next rendezvous with Roscoe is Tuesday afternoon.  If my Alzheimer's is in remission I will try and grab it.
      P.S. I think it may be possible to have been overkill to replace - possibly just a wiring issue that was brute force solved by just installing the new one, but I just was not willing to fuss with it.  And for whatever reason, the new thermostat has been a champ.  I hate intermittent problems!

center

Kevin,

Thanks!

Re: RVP Thermostat

Reply #11
      Yahoo Message Number: 4542
      Page 3 at the bottom. K

center
      From: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Mike Sullivan
      Sent: Friday, May 21, 2010 5:36 AM
      Subject: Re: [KodiakChassisClassC] RVP Thermostat

Thanks a lot Kevin. I hope it describes the timer function.

Mike

-- Sent from my Palm Pre

Mike

I may be web challenged because I could only find it when I had the hard copy in my hand! Here is what I think is the correct version for the thermostat I am using: http://www.rvcomfor t.com/pdf_ documents/ 1976410_copy. pdf

Your model may be different, in which case you may have to follow Billy's advice and go to http://www.rvcomfor t.com/rvp/ tech_info/ installation. php and look up your version under the link "Wall Thermostats".

I hope that helps.

center

Hi Kevin ,

I need the manual to understand the modes of the thermostat. I too have 'had' the intermitant AC/heat turn-on and finally settled on the cause was probably fixed by setting the 'delay' setting to zero and ensuring the thermo was 'off'. Can't swear the name of the control and since the rig is storage at the CG can't check.

Mike (KC2KJ)

-- Sent from my Palm Pre

Mike,
      Pretty sure I do. Hard copy is in my file box at Roscoe Ventura. I do not have anything electronic, but maybe with a part number we can get that uploaded to the files section. (http://www.rvcomfor t.com/rvp/ about.php )

center

Kevin,

Thanks!