Skip to main content
Topic: Lever sensor (Read 726 times) previous topic - next topic

Lever sensor

Yahoo Message Number: 4602
wow,

I am not an engineer and I have limited handyman skills, but what I am about to tell you is an insult to any layman's intelligence.

Went on a trip this weekend, for about 30 miles out of 260 there is no road (figure of speech) bumpy it was.

Got to my destination, setup, turned the power gear on to use the levelers and the panel was all lit, blinking, beautiful it looked like Christmas....
since old habits do not die easy, got my 80 cents level push the levelers out and got the coach set.

Once I opened one of the storage outside I saw 2 screws loose on the bottom.
Humm, where they come from? oh well it must be there extra who knows?
At 3 o'clock A.M. I woke up because that was bugging me, next morning look under the storage, inside out, and kabum, the little black box that I believe to be the leveler sensor was hanging loose, oh that is where those screws came from then...
No biggy, when I get home I will reattach them.

Now is the big wow!!!, the engineers at Jayco and workers at jayco, (mind you they are not MIT types we know that) but still, had the brilliance to attach this little box with 2 self tapping screws under the floor inside the storage, the only thing they did not realize is they attached these 2 screws on Styrofoam (floor insulation).
So, question, anyone here thinks that 2 screws would hold something on Styrofoam? let me see hands, oh one, sir, you why would you think that? ahhh, you work for jayco, that explains.
Sorry guys, but that is an insult to anyone's intelligence.
Not a good fix, I do not want to put longer screws and get the floor damaged, I put some duct tape for now. it may actually be a much better way than how the engineers did.
Curious to see how yours are fixed.
thanks
Mo

Re: Lever sensor

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 4604
Interesting. I've had the same thing happen but I "thought" that black box was for the slides. When I level now I always us a level and do it manually because we turn the juice off when in storage and that often means having recalibrating the levellers.

I too wondered how they could ship it out that way. As to extra screws - yes, our Journey had them, our Ambassador had them and our Greyhawk had/has them. Only our first MH didn't have them, but we bought it used.

Don

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 4761
, "agilityaussies64"  wrote:
Now is the big wow!!!, the engineers at Jayco and workers at jayco, (mind you they are not MIT types we know that) but still, had the brilliance to attach this little box with 2 self tapping screws under the floor inside the storage, the only thing they did not realize is they attached these 2 screws on Styrofoam (floor insulation).
So, question, anyone here thinks that 2 screws would hold something on Styrofoam? let me see hands, oh one, sir, you why would you think that? ahhh, you work for jayco, that explains.

Curious to see how yours are fixed.
thanks
Mo

Had the exact same problem when the thing was still under warranty. Even the Jayco dealer laughed at Jayco's approach to building "exemplary" RVs. Anyway, we screwed the box back on using slightly larger (thicker) screws backed up with double stick tape.

It is sad that this constitutes and improved method over what Jayco could come up with, but so far it has held the thing up there.

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 4770
Dane

Mine is located under the floor you can see it from the second storage compartment passenger side behind the board that would hold the TV
Mo
Sent on the Now Network� from my Sprint® BlackBerry

Sender: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 2010 14:50:41 -0000
To:
ReplyTo: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [KodiakChassisClassC] Re: Lever sensor

Where is the black box located? Dane

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 4774
Mine is mounted about 1/3 of the way back in the center of the chassis on the underside.

To: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thu, July 8, 2010 7:50:41 AM
Subject: [KodiakChassisClassC] Re: Lever sensor

Where is the black box located? Dane