Skip to main content
Topic: Cruise Control (Read 428 times) previous topic - next topic

Cruise Control

Yahoo Message Number: 4716
2006 Jayco Seneca 35GS - Can someone please help me troubleshoot my cruise control?
I posted this last month with practically no replies. While traveling up a moderate hill my cruise control shut off and has not worked since. I have checked all fuses under the dash with no luck, can not even find a designation for the cruise device listed on the legend for the fuse panel. My brake lights are functioning normally, what should I look for next?
Also, even when the cruise device worked there never was a light on the dash to indicate that it was on, should there be one?

Re: Cruise Control

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 4717
Scott . . . I think you're going to have to take it to a dealer. The newer cruise controls are no longer mechanical. They are part of the on-board computer system. As you may have noticed, your accelerator pedal does not even move as the cruise does its work. Short of wiggling connections, looking for corrosion, I don't think there's much you can do but take it in.

Regarding a dash indicator light, guess they saved a nickel by not including one.

George

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 4718
, "scottmbt"  wrote:
2006 Jayco Seneca 35GS - Can someone please help me troubleshoot my cruise control?
I posted this last month with practically no replies. While traveling up a moderate hill my cruise control shut off and has not worked since. I have checked all fuses under the dash with no luck, can not even find a designation for the cruise device listed on the legend for the fuse panel. My brake lights are functioning normally, what should I look for next?
Also, even when the cruise device worked there never was a light on the dash to indicate that it was on, should there be one?

you may want to look or ask over at dieselplace.com

heres a thread from there that may help

http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/showthread.php?t=159458&highlight=cruise+control+quit+working

don

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 4719
Scott I too have a '06 Seneca 35GS and it does not have a light on the dash to indicate that the 'cruise' is activated. Hopefully it is nothing major...........

To: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Sun, June 27, 2010 6:16:30 PM
Subject: [KodiakChassisClassC] Cruise Control