Skip to main content
Topic: Ron - another question (Read 493 times) previous topic - next topic

Ron - another question

Yahoo Message Number: 4727
Ron, I decided to send this one to you via the group as I'm sure I'm not the only one who has "thought about" Crossfires for some time (for others, there is a thread on this subject now on RV.net).

I first got interested in getting Crossfires six years ago when our rear tires on our Winnebago Journey would simply not stay inflated properly. As we all know it can be a real PITA getting down on your knees checking pressures every day when travelling (I carry knee pads since as I age I find my knees are becoming more and more delicate).

My MH is in storage. I've got a lead on Crossfires but I have to know the brackets required for my MH. The options are below. Frankly, when I look them the best I could do would be to make a random guess - but that isn't appropriate here.

The question is, are your wheels the same as those on my Jayco Kodiak gasser and if they are which brackets do I need. The more I look at these the more I think it is Bracket BH but I sure wouldn't bet the farm on it.

Myers distribution center in Livonia maybe able to get a pair of 95 psi Crossfires for me in the next week and I'll have my son pick them up since he works out of Livonia. Cost is only $65 each so for $130 plus tax for the pair I figure it is not a bad price at all.

One of the problems with these devics is that there are so many different pressure settings that many tire stores do not stock them, but they will order them set to the pressure you specify. From what I can see one has to be lucky if he can walk into a store and get two sets at the desired pressure.

Don

Re: Ron - another question

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 4729
Here is a picture of my Crossfire install. It is in my forum photos.
Crossfire Pictures
I took the center hub off and mounted bracket on the outer bearing hub. I later installed 30mm lug nut covers. I hard item to find. This may be a good way to go. Especially if you have the center hub that melts.
Best
Ron Hall

Re: Ron - another question

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 4734
I was OK with the link and the wheels look like mine (one picture in my group on our site) but I'm still not sure what brackets I should ask for. I believe they may come with three different so I may be covered anyway.
'
Don